Random pic from today.

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
Thought I'd share. I enjoy riding with my youngest, and today was a nice day for it.

33f6stj.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":baokffpn said:
Beautiful scenery.

Yes sir. It sure is. So very different than where I am. There are beautiful places around here if you look hard but that is breathtaking.

Beautiful Silver!!

It's midwinter here and there's not a green blade of grass to be seen :mrgreen:

That is high country as you can about reach out and touch the clouds. Very beautiful place, thanks for sharing.

hurleyjd":15fm5ixe said:
Do you have any free grazers up there.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Isn't that someone who has some cattle but no land and so sneaks the cattle around grazing them where he can? Or did I read that in a Louis L'amour book 40 years ago?

Silver":38olem4i said:
hurleyjd":38olem4i said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Isn't that someone who has some cattle but no land and so sneaks the cattle around grazing them where he can? Or did I read that in a Louis L'amour book 40 years ago?

A movie titled Open Range was filmed in Canada with scenes that looked like your photo. About a man that did not own any land but controlled everyone with outlaws and thugs that he hired. Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall was grazing their cows there and a war broke out between the grazers and the old man that controlled everything and every one there.

Outstanding pic.
I would have vot3d for it in the 'hand' contest.
Looks like you have as good a hand there as anyone!
Awe inspiring scenery. Thank you for sharing.

Silver":sq73lbem said:
hurleyjd":sq73lbem said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Isn't that someone who has some cattle but no land and so sneaks the cattle around grazing them where he can?............."....".... that sound more like my neighbors....only they don't sneak..last year I came out walked around my house.. And there laid a couple hogs shading under my carport...poor things we're tired, all that rooting my pasture up and needed rest...

ALACOWMAN":j39uwuse said:
Silver":j39uwuse said:
hurleyjd":j39uwuse said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Isn't that someone who has some cattle but no land and so sneaks the cattle around grazing them where he can?............."....".... that sound more like my neighbors....only they don't sneak..last year I came out walked around my house.. And there laid a couple hogs shading under my carport...poor things we're tired, all that rooting my pasture up and needed rest...

One of my neighbors too. Just 3 days ago, I had to pick one of his dead horses out of my fence(got stuck trying to get from his place onto mine). Been there a couple weeks i guess. Then had to run the horse that made it safely through off the pasture. Neighbor on the other side told me the horse got in there 2 days after i rotated the cows off to a new pasture. He said he told Cecilio thsst one of his horses was on my place. Guess Cecilio told him , "I dont think its my mine. Must be Brad's". Neighbor told him I don't keep any horses and he is the only fella in the area that keeps horses. He just shrugged it off.
2nd time in 3 years it's happened. This time it was only one. Last time about 20 horses and 10 starving cows come across and ate the pasture up quick.

Latest posts