Ranch Hand

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef Man

Reaction score
Looking for a all around ranchand, need someone this winter, We calve about 350 -400 cows usually 50-75 heifers,winter and background 500-700 steers and heifers, market 100 bullsand breeding heifers, Have a decent house and quite a few perks. Grade school bus to the door. We are 35 miles from town. Located in N. E. Montana. LOts of wind and cold. Just thought I would see if there is any interest.

Beef Man":11v0bi8t said:
Looking for a all around ranchand, need someone this winter, We calve about 350 -400 cows usually 50-75 heifers,winter and background 500-700 steers and heifers, market 100 bullsand breeding heifers, Have a decent house and quite a few perks. Grade school bus to the door. We are 35 miles from town. Located in N. E. Montana. LOts of wind and cold. Just thought I would see if there is any interest.
i was ready to sign on.... till i opened the thread :cowboy:

Sounds like fun, one of those days I wish I was more than one person. :lol:

Try www.ranchworldads.com and you'll probably have the job filled in a couple days. There's some really high web traffic on that site. I like to browse through the ads, wishing I wasn't in school....

Yes we do not lve the easy'est life here but we have very little problems with street type people. The reason we are shorthanded is the huge oilfield boom and 1 of our older employe's retireed in June was with us 47 years. Have a young lady hand herenow been with us over 5 years but will admit it 's not fun and games. The real 4letter word is work. But I did just post this for fun and curiosity.

How much could I get for this hand?
Used, late model, low miles, only one broken finger, financing available! ... :lol2: :lol: :dunce:
8142036710_b70d2963cb_c.jpg

sim.-ang.king":wfxkkc6q said:
Used, late model, low miles, only one broken finger, financing available! ... :lol2: :lol: :dunce:

I can tell you are a cattle farmer......I see the suicide attempt scar on your wrist :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods Sim. Gonna be huntin Shawnee National Forrest in Pope County the 10th thru the 18th of Nov. I am looking forward to the R&R of kicking back in the stand.

HOSS":3mgdc5qw said:
sim.-ang.king":3mgdc5qw said:

I can tell you are a cattle farmer......I see the suicide attempt scar on your wrist :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods Sim. Gonna be huntin Shawnee National Forrest in Pope County the 10th thru the 18th of Nov. I am looking forward to the R&R of kicking back in the stand.
I'm probably the only emo cattle farmer in the country.. :lol: :cry2: :shock:
You're going to be a couple counties south of me, but if you end up going further north to marion county you will be in my neck of the woods.

Is this an 8 to 5 job 40 hours a week with paid overtime if you work over 8 hrs a day ,lunchtime one hour, hot lunch provided, 15 minute break in the morning and evening, smoke breaks, if overtime is required on week ends does it pay doubletime. elvaluated and raise in 3 months, then a raise once a year. 2 week paid vacation. insurance, is working in inclement weather required, is lifting required, please advise of other benifits, If you can meet my demands where do I send my resume ?
PS
I will need a starting salary minium of $50000 a year.

Angus Cowman":2mi21kzc said:
20 yrs ago I would of been all over it

20 years ago i had lots of things on my mind,but freezing my butt of in montana dang sure wasn't one of them

I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods Sim. Gonna be huntin Shawnee National Forrest in Pope County the 10th thru the 18th of Nov. I am looking forward to the R&R of kicking back in the stand.[/quote]
I'm probably the only emo cattle farmer in the country.. :lol: :cry2: :shock:
You're going to be a couple counties south of me, but if you end up going further north to marion county you will be in my neck of the woods.[/quote]

I definetley know where Marion County is. I have been throgh there a jillion times it seems like. I actually hunt just south of the Johnson County line a few miles outside of Harrisburg. A friend has a place there. Their property adjoins Shawnee. Lots of deer just not lots of big ones like I see up in central Illinois.

Well then hit old IL route 37 ride it on up to marion county and about 2 miles north of the line is where I roam. :D

Latest posts