Rainfall vs president

Help Support CattleToday:

LCBulls said:
Nice, I think that's cool that you invested that much on your commercial herd. You must have bred around 50-60 straws of President.
I don't think many commercial cattleman would do that on Semen that is sold at a premium.
It does kind of surprise me that you didn't use him on your Registered herd.

Anyone get on the list for SAV America?

No we only got 10 straws but our commercial is also has simi. My FIL does the club calf stuff and has a few good sims he's raised for years. His best ones, he flushes. His girls do well on # embryos too. Of the two flushes, he got 52 embryos from. Most of what we have for President are from an embryo. He does well in the club calf area. Something we (husband and I) don't touch. Most everything will end up in the fat pens but there are some eye catchers. I posted a President here that I love.

Our operation is very diverse.

How long will it take for straws to be available ? I need more cows now

Bar23 said:
How long will it take for straws to be available ? I need more cows now

I've got some Baldridge Colonel daughters that will be waiting for SAV America 8018.

I am looking for cows right now. Mine won't be ready til May . I wonder how long til straws are ready

I can officially say that we have 1/2 brothers to SAV America 8018 walking around on Branded.

Bar23 said:
I am looking for cows right now. Mine won't be ready til May . I wonder how long til straws are ready

We only got our hands on President last February and it seems the year before that, we couldn't get Sensation till December following sale. He'll promote and put you on list.

Call him.

You have to build a relationship, it helps, in my opinion, to show that you are dead serious about the business, and that you are using his sires to prove it.

I e mailed Herbster . They are taking names and numbers $80 a straw.

************* said:
I have 4, a far cry from 30, but those 4 are very consistent. They have Angus Source tests on them as well.

As of today, Angus Association shows that there are 63 registered, DNA proven progeny. You have 1/2 of the President's genomic proven progeny?

This morning I was nosing around on Angusonline and wanted to see how the President progeny are performing. How consistent and what folks appeared to be using President on. I only saw two of yours?

NEFarmwife said:
************* said:
I have 4, a far cry from 30, but those 4 are very consistent. They have Angus Source tests on them as well.

As of today, Angus Association shows that there are 63 registered, DNA proven progeny. You have 1/2 of the President's genomic proven progeny?

This morning I was nosing around on Angusonline and wanted to see how the President progeny are performing. How consistent and what folks appeared to be using President on. I only saw two of yours?

Two of them have DNA tests pending, but they are definitely President progeny because the dams were never exposed to a bull.

I have 2 sons and 2 daughters.

************* said:
NEFarmwife said:
************* said:

Two of them have DNA tests pending, but they are definitely President progeny because the dams were never exposed to a bull.

Then that would be why. I was only looking at the genomically enhanced EPDs to muffle out all the noise.

I noticed Voss (the one bidding against Herbster for America) only had one President (DNA).

NEFarmwife said:
************* said:
NEFarmwife said:

Then that would be why. I was only looking at the genomically enhanced EPDs to muffle out all the noise.

I noticed Voss (the one bidding against Herbster for America) only had one President (DNA).

The two that I'm waiting on tests for were born near the back of our farm, and we have been getting the living daylights beat out of us with the weather for weeks on end. It feels biblical! As of today we have had over 9 inches of rain since Jan 1st 2019.

I usually draw blood on them right away on day 1 and send it off, but the two President progeny that you don't see are with older, not so nice cows, that didn't make it easy on me to get blood from them. I had to wait until I could bring them into the barn to draw blood, and the weather worked against me the entire time. Ask Bright Raven and he will tell you, it's bad.

Latest posts