Rained/Snowed Out Shipping

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Was crazy on Thursday rushing to get the pairs in and calves cut off. Vet came out and preg tested the cows and ran the calves through for shots. All set to go today but 1.90" of rain and snow over the weekend took care of that plan!
Looks like they will be leaving next Monday for the sale ring, but those calves are sure living it up on the hay right now. Only time they get to bawling is when their bale feeder runs out of hay.

And what was the results of the preg testing. Sounds like the calves will be in good order for the sale ring, best of luck with them.
Ken

4 open. 1 2007 cow, 2 2014 heifer's and 1 2013 cow. All are hitting the road. Normally average 3 open. Higher this year then we wanted.

Looking through the heifer calves to see which ones we want to keep as replacements. Already picked our eating steers and daughter has already picked out her 4-H animals for next year.

Lets see if we can keep from getting blown away today in this wind OT!!! High wind warning here today, what about you OT?

I luv herfrds":3i98m8xx said:
Lets see if we can keep from getting blown away today in this wind OT!!! High wind warning here today, what about you OT?

Yeah- if it isn't nailed down its in North Dakota... We've only had 54 mph winds- but I see south of Malta has wind gusting to 70 mph...

I was supposed to ship on Saturday but the trucker called he was ahead of schedule and here on Friday. So we went ahead and loaded him out. He said it was the first time he had ever been this far west and didn't know how long it would take to get here. The wind and rain didn't hit here until Saturday so he was gone ahead of it. If the wind did catch him he would have had a nice tailwind pushing him along. I hope that guy in Nebraska likes this load of heifers, because I sure like the idea of a return customer.

Hope we get a good price for the calves at tomorrows sale. Had a buyer call us this summer but he was not too interested when he found out they were Herefords. Our repeat customers who buy beef from us sure love them!
Some pictures did not upload but some did.

Ran out of bunk space. I sure hate feeding calves in the ground.

Daughter's 4-H steer, Meatloaf.

Daughter's future bred heifer, Tootsie. (She stole my heifer and steer.)

Getting them started on hay in September.

Replacements eating away on the new bale I put in the feeder this morning.

Latest posts