Rainbow

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Was finishing up outside it was sprinkling rain here, and and heavy rain to the south when I noticed this rainbow. I don't think I've ever seen one so vivid, and the way it came down to the ground and in front of the trees was really something. The pictures don't do it justice. 17AFEEF1-BD6E-429A-AB44-38CBE3127D19.jpegCC3C0849-6BD9-41A4-83E1-FAF9D3A6A611.jpegB0B16FB9-E703-4E18-901F-AF1B3D384C91.jpeg13A8C823-68A2-423C-BD2A-98002B0363EF.jpeg

Check the end of it as it may have a pot of gold. Nice pictures as looks like you have your share of dead ash trees also.

Check the end of it as it may have a pot of gold. Nice pictures as looks like you have your share of dead ash trees also.
You guys too? We're losing all our Ash tress in Southern Mid Tn. I didn't think the problem was that widespread.

You guys too? We're losing all our Ash tress in Southern Mid Tn. I didn't think the problem was that widespread.
I would say around here Ash trees made up probably 10% of the all trees and all are dead. A lot have already fallen, but there are still some very dangerous ones waiting to fall.

I would say around here Ash trees made up probably 10% of the all trees and all are dead. A lot have already fallen, but there are still some very dangerous ones waiting to fall.
Not sure what percent they make up around here, locust and walnut are pretty prevalent, but looks to be a lot of dead trees. Have had a some come down on fences Several years back, I kept seeing these purple box looking things up in trees along the roads out in the county. Finally found out what they were for.

Not sure what percent they make up around here, locust and walnut are pretty prevalent, but looks to be a lot of dead trees. Have had a some come down on fences Several years back, I kept seeing these purple box looking things up in trees along the roads out in the county. Finally found out what they were for.
Not sure about the 10%, but in places at least 10%. I have a fence row that has been a mess. I have cut a few down looking up and cutting at the same time and ready to run if a limb let go. It was either put an electric fence around them or go under and fix the fence or cut them down.

Lot of dead ash here too. VDOT is going around and trying to take down the ones in the centers of the divided main roads before they come down, and any that are close to the road on the back roads. But there are a whole lot more that died this year... so going to be a mess in the next couple of years. Got places where they are in groves of 3-10 trees... all standing dead.

Lot of dead ash here too. VDOT is going around and trying to take down the ones in the centers of the divided main roads before they come down, and any that are close to the road on the back roads. But there are a whole lot more that died this year... so going to be a mess in the next couple of years. Got places where they are in groves of 3-10 trees... all standing dead.
That's what we have too. We have a couple areas with groves like that. Some have already come down on the fence and several more waiting to do it.

Here the upland woods were at least a third ash with better than 50% of the big trees being ash. All are dead. The largest are still standing but have shed most of their branches.
What was once open woodland with a heavy canopy, and a pleasure to walk in on a summer day, is a thicket of bush honeysuckle and multi-flora rose bushes. You can not even walk through it. Cows have wandering paths through the mess but you can't easily follow them due to arching canes of the rose bushes (which have been stripped of their leaves by Japanese Beetles).
Isn't globalization wonderful?

Check the end of it as it may have a pot of gold.
But only if the end is on your property. Otherwise you're trespassing.
If on public property and that pot comes up missing, you open yourself up for charges of felony theft and could/should be held accountable for restitution and taxes. :)

I had a pretty good rainbow here just a bit ago. It ended down by the river. I know there is a million dollars worth of gold there. It would only take two million to get it all out of the ground.