Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":11v60r8c said:
We're above normal rainfall for the year so far. so far we've either been way above or way below normal for each month. January and May were about double normal, the other 6 months have been about 1/4 of normal or less. We're already 2 inches above normal for Spetember with only 2 rains.

some areas have already set records for the yr
and some areas are way behind for the yr
southeast Greene and North east Christian counties recieved as much as 20" in 2 days
I am about 30 miles south east of there and I got 2

we haven't had a good widespread steady rain for a couple of months it has been real spotty this yr

Angus Cowman":1rvf2imt said:
dun":1rvf2imt said:
We're above normal rainfall for the year so far. so far we've either been way above or way below normal for each month. January and May were about double normal, the other 6 months have been about 1/4 of normal or less. We're already 2 inches above normal for Spetember with only 2 rains.

some areas have already set records for the yr
and some areas are way behind for the yr
southeast Greene and North east Christian counties recieved as much as 20" in 2 days
I am about 30 miles south east of there and I got 2

we haven't had a good widespread steady rain for a couple of months it has been real spotty this yr
Our other farm is about 10 miles SE of this one, they got 5 inches last month, we didn;t get 5 10ths here

Well, we get to see what a 100% chance of rain gets us tomorrow.... :lol: Someone says a tropical storm is headed for Laredo. Supposed to make it rain here.

1982vett":11ox3q62 said:
Well, we get to see what a 100% chance of rain gets us tomorrow.... :lol: Someone says a tropical storm is headed for Laredo. Supposed to make it rain here.

I hope some of it spins off to here.

curtis":3bentojx said:
1982vett":3bentojx said:

I hope some of it spins off to here.
Ground is damp this morning so I guess that constitutes as rain these days........Forecast is for 4 - 8 inches. Guess we could catch up to average rainfall again... :???:

Curtis, they talking a good story but it is just talk till it happens.

It's really raining here!! May get 6 inches or more! Yoohoo--I'm tired of crunchy grass..

We've gotten over 2 times as much today as we have gotten the past 7 weeks put together.........9/10ths as of 1:50PM.

Grass is getting crunchy here too, Peg. We're too sandy for cracks in the ground, but for the past couple of days when a truck comes down the road the dust hangs in the air like fog and drifts all the way to our yard, which is pretty far off the road. Not much chance for any rain in the next 10 days either. :cry:

1982vett":3i32wo4p said:
I'm well north of you and wife said it was raining at 5 this morning. Had about 3 inches when I talked to her.

TexasBred":1m6f2kh7 said:
1982vett":1m6f2kh7 said:
I'm well north of you and wife said it was raining at 5 this morning. Had about 3 inches when I talked to her.
Don't doubt that a bit. About all it has been doing here is a light drizzle. Up to 85/100s now.

Some places closer to Austin got over 15 inches!!! They've had to do a bunch of water rescues..Don't know how much exactly here..

Angus Cowman":321gkkfz said:
Red Bull Breeder":321gkkfz said:
Close to two inches today! Another couple of inches would be right nice.
Glad you got some they said we were going to but I ran it all off I planted 35 acres of rye today and was ready for it so it decided not to show up
I was thinking about throwing out some seed on the "cobblestones" since we were being promised so much rain. Figured for sure it would at least sprout.......but the gaurantee of another rain within 3-4 weeks isn't anygood so getting it to survive is a still a problem. Would be nice to get some up and growing.

Our 36 hour rainfall total is now 1.2 inches.

sat.gif

Some woman in Austin moved a barrier and drove into the water. They've found the Lexis SUV,all battered to heck,but haven't found her yet. They did manage to rescue the driver of another car(also big and expensive.)

Latest posts