Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
It looks like some of you folks down in the hill country are getting some of that rain (on radar anyway). Congratulations. Hopefully it is not to little to late.

backhoeboogie":1j84uxsr said:
It looks like some of you folks down in the hill country are getting some of that rain (on radar anyway). Congratulations. Hopefully it is not to little to late.
one thing ive learned from a drought is... even after some good rains, the after effect takes awhile before situations start too reverse

Sure isn't hurting anything, except for the field grasses the corn farmer up the road is trying to bale. The rains he got in late July and early August, after he baled the corn, grew a fine patch of Colorado and Witch Grass. He is about 80% done in finishing the baling.

Just checked the guage. Ended up it a full inch. Sun just came out and the puddles are already gone. Might be able to start thinking about getting some of the oat land ready to plant.

Weren't we hunkerd down for Ike last year about this time?

Finally got 1/2" here yesterday afternoon. I think that's the most we've had at one time since April or May. High of 87 was real nice for a change. :clap:

Everybody in Texas needs to watch for flashfloods! You know how it is here,when it does start to rain it RAINS!
Y'all who have been getting rain,get ready,cause the faucet just turned off..I hope you are set up with lots of hay in the barn..

Peg all the hay I had for sale is gone. There are some horse folks begging for some of my coastal but I am not going to be paying $80 a bale for junk hay in February. I am sitting on all I have left.

radarsummary091009.jpg

Tstorms are in the fireant mode again today. Note the arrow show the direction of movement and the number tells top outs in hundred feet.

backhoeboogie":1ktzt1iz said:
Peg all the hay I had for sale is gone. There are some horse folks begging for some of my coastal but I am not going to be paying $80 a bale for junk hay in February. I am sitting on all I have left.

Can't ever have too much hay.

Latest posts