RAIN!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad you guys are getting rain. you guys really need it. we got snow up here. first measurable precipitiaion in our area since late October.

Was just looking at the radar and the weather is starting to make a swirling pattern! It looks very promining this time. When it starts to swirl it could be here for a few days!!!! :D
Give thanks to the Good Lord!

We've had over three inches and it's still coming down. 80% chance through noon tomorrown (Mon). :D It's not enough to get the burn ban lifted, though.

we're finally getting a good shower!!! :)
can i interest any of you in some gol durn good lightning rods?
never know when you might need one. !
spring storm season is movin in you know!

Got at least five inches. Washed away the fertilizer we put out on the pastures Friday night and probably our seeds in the garden. Nothing that can't be replaced. Other than that, it was welcomed. I sure hope that this fixes the drought around here. Maybe everyone can have good hay this year.

We missed out on all the rain this weekend up until this mornin around 3:30 when lightenin struck a tree somewhere in the near vacinity of my house....talk about a wake up call, I aint heard thunder like that in forever...then it poured and poured...stopped for a while, long enuff to get my kid off to school and then now it's rainin again..yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

jwtexas":1l6npjc1 said:
I'm in Hunt county south of Greenville and i have got right at 6 inches of rain. They are saying on the news that areas in Dallas county near white rock lake has got 8 to 10 inches just in the last 24 hours thats not counting what came down Friday night early Saturday :D

I'm halfway between Greenville and Sulphur Springs. We ended up with 5 1/2 inches from Friday evening through this morning. Ponds are full and overflowing. Grass is greening up nicely. Had one shower Sunday afternoon that dumped 1 1/2" in just over an hour!!

Spring Time inTexas! Nothing like it. When it rains, it POURS! Got the first mearsurable rain last night since May of last year! Got an 1 1/2! Plenty of wind, some hail, lots of thunder and lightening and most of all precious rain. Not only good for the land but good for the soul! I feel 10 years younger this morning! I laid awake for hours with the window open just breathing in that fresh air and watching the light show. Praise be to God. I am down to my last 12 round bales, just enough to last until the grass greens up and grows out a little. HIS timing is always perfect. Oh ye of little faith, I can't imagine what I was so worried about!

Got about 6.5 inches spread out over 3 days.... so most of it soaked in! :D We desperately needed it to, extreme northwest Louisiana was in almost as bad shape as you guys in Texas and Oklahoma.

Got a specail promotion going on lightning rods just started today! Buy a super duty rootin tootin buckaroo lightning rod!
Act now and get free shipping and handling!
Protect your home! Protect your family! Protect your cows! Protect your dog! Don't let your home and barn go up in smoke!
Rod the place up now!
call 1-800-rodsrus NOW!

Wow, another 6" of rain. When it rains, it pours. Everthing has to be in excess in Texas. Too much drought, then too much rain. Sure is nice to see green again.

Sure glad that many of you folks in Texas and surrounding states got a good rain and that the fire problem has been greatly diminished. Down here (a little southwest of Houston) we pretty much struck out with this last weather system --- only got a quarter of an inch. :( Sure is depressing to see some pretty good sized cracks in this old black gumbo in the middle of March.

Arnold Ziffle":1c773cll said:
Sure glad that many of you folks in Texas and surrounding states got a good rain and that the fire problem has been greatly diminished. Down here (a little southwest of Houston) we pretty much struck out with this last weather system --- only got a quarter of an inch. :( Sure is depressing to see some pretty good sized cracks in this old black gumbo in the middle of March.

Thats rough rained here off and on all day.

Latest posts