RAIN!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Rancher6

Reaction score
Hey everyone it is raining here. Last week those big wildfires got within a mile and a half of our town. I did not personally loose any livestock or grass, but the guys to the west of town lost everything... It has not rained here since August. YEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to go outside and get wet.

Congrats keep the rain down there please we need to dry off a little up here

Glad to hear someone down there is getting some rain. I hope you all get some more, especially in those drought stricken areas.

Katherine

It's Raining Here, Too! :)

been raining since I got here at 8am. It's gotten pretty heavy at times, and is running into the tanks now.

Yippee!! :D :D Now if would just kind of spread out to the rest of the drought stricken area, life would be so much better!

It came a frog strangler earlier this morning! Now it is just a good steady soaker which is what we need so it doesn't just run off down the ditches to somewhere else!

Went outside barefooted :kid: and that is the first time my feet have been wet outside the shower in several months! Feels more like years.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
:clap:

We've got rain, too. It started last night and they're saying it will go on through tomorrow. We haven't had an inch yet, but every drop is welcome. Maybe we'll get enough for the grass to come on out.

Frankie":1mtsqlvq said:
We've got rain, too. It started last night and they're saying it will go on through tomorrow. We haven't had an inch yet, but every drop is welcome. Maybe we'll get enough for the grass to come on out.
Glad to hear you're finally getting rain, Frankie. I know your area was one of the worst. Hope you get that grass and maybe it's not too late for some grazeout wheat to perk up. That will help us all.

Had a good rain yesterday, a tad over 4 inches and it is raining nslowly now. Radar shows rain to our west mving this way.

The creek is so high I can't leave here and go to the farm. Just a tad over 5 inches in the rain gage. Should be able to get out in a couple of hours, if someone moves the log out of the road on the other side. In '95 I floated my truck down that creek. I can wait until the peg is showing this time.

This is wonderful. Ponds should be full. Bro-in-law says cows are fine.

We haven't had anything yet.. everyone that's gotten rain, you're north of Hillsboro I'll bet! Probably because we fertilized on Friday!

Glad to hear you're getting it up there.. Lord knows you need it BAD. Feel free to send some this way when you've had enough! :cboy:

6 and a half inches, so far. They tell me the costal sprigs I put out are washing away. Water is gutting the middle of the big field. "When it rains it pours"

Send some of that down my way, will ya? So far its only been teasing me with coulds and a bit of wind......maybe I should go out and wash the car.....

I'm in Hunt county south of Greenville and i have got right at 6 inches of rain. They are saying on the news that areas in Dallas county near white rock lake has got 8 to 10 inches just in the last 24 hours thats not counting what came down Friday night early Saturday :D

TheBullLady":1i46k477 said:
We haven't had anything yet.. everyone that's gotten rain, you're north of Hillsboro I'll bet! Probably because we fertilized on Friday!

Glad to hear you're getting it up there.. Lord knows you need it BAD. Feel free to send some this way when you've had enough! :cboy:

Maybe you need to do what I did Thursday night. I washed my truck for the first time in 6 months and sure enough the next day it rains.

Hope you get some soon. Need some over Mexia way too! My uncle's pasture is looking a little poorly now, although his still looks 10 times better than anyone in the vicinity! His cows still look suprisingly fat too! :mrgreen:

jwtexas":1tr4k7lm said:
I'm in Hunt county south of Greenville and i have got right at 6 inches of rain. They are saying on the news that areas in Dallas county near white rock lake has got 8 to 10 inches just in the last 24 hours thats not counting what came down Friday night early Saturday :D
I used to live in Lone Oak when I was in high school back in the late ' 70's. How far are you from there? Lot of good people in Hunt County, Texas!