Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

We keep getting rain and now we are having some cool days . Lows in the 40's and highs in the 50's .

Pouring here since around 5pm. Had about 10 minutes of marble size and under hail, but just feline & canine rain now. Moving generally ENE and E. Anyone in East and NE Texas that got rain earlier today, BOHICA.

420radar.jpg

We've gotten 3 1/2 inches and it's still coming down. Should move out of here in a couple of hours, off to the ENE. Tis a rainmaker for sure. Lampasas Tx 8:30pm radar
4-20 830pmradar.jpg

Last edited:
they keep saying rain rain rain here but it never does. we got over an inch a few weeks ago and thats been about it. we need it.

We are not getting it here either... 10 sprinkles here, .1 another day if that... Not normal for here... the big thing is that we have had more wind than we ever get... not just a breeze but enough wind to really feel it and much more constant than we normally get.
Several were talking about it just the other day... Been over a week since we got .5 and the wind right after sucked it all up and then it hit upper 70's and 80's... Comfortable out, but drying things out fast. Normally get 4 inches or so in April and haven't had about 2. Storms seem to track south and go east, or they stay west and go up along the mountains in WV..
Calling for possible freeze the next few nights... back into the 30's. Actually has been warmer than normal for this time of year overall.

One last hoorah for cool weather I guess... was 76F the other morning at 7 am. This morning it's 51F. High is supposed to be 66F. Haven't been out to see how much rain, but it was a good one.

We are not getting it here either... 10 sprinkles here, .1 another day if that... Not normal for here... the big thing is that we have had more wind than we ever get... not just a breeze but enough wind to really feel it and much more constant than we normally get.
Several were talking about it just the other day... Been over a week since we got .5 and the wind right after sucked it all up and then it hit upper 70's and 80's... Comfortable out, but drying things out fast. Normally get 4 inches or so in April and haven't had about 2. Storms seem to track south and go east, or they stay west and go up along the mountains in WV..
Calling for possible freeze the next few nights... back into the 30's. Actually has been warmer than normal for this time of year overall.
Thats whats happening here. Been wanting to spray for 3 weeks or more but too windy every day.

I sprayed around some of my mother's flower beds and the wind blew the roundup onto some of the flowers. She was not too happy about that. It blows every day and no rain in a while either. A couple more weeks of no rain and the hay will be short again.

Thunder and lightning and rain Oh My!
My big 27,000 gallon rain gage says we've gotten a little over 4" of rain here in SW Coryelle County Tx and the system is just now moving off the theNE- ENE again. So, Oklahoma Arkansas, and East Tx, BOHICA.
Ought to be some good 1st cutting hay tho.

4-28radar.jpg

Thats whats happening here. Been wanting to spray for 3 weeks or more but too windy every day.
I was trying to spray. I would get one load done and the wind would come up. Took 2 weeks to spray 10 trips. Then I helped B haul some pairs. Four trips with 4 trailers each trip. Up 5 or 6 miles on a freshly graded very dusty mostly dirt road. I was hauling the calves so I was the last trailer. Not a breath of wind to blow the dust off the road. You could plant a good size garden in the dust I ate that day. Where was that calm day when I was trying to spray?

Latest posts