rain in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Waited a long time to get around. Strange that it is almost 5 pm, July and only 75 degrees.....I could stand a whole lot more of summer like this...

We're supposed to get a visit from Alex over the next few days and we sure need it. We are dry a a popcorn fart. Nobody's grass is growing.

We sure needed the rain here too. Thank you Alex. The weatherman says we received 4 inches, my front yard says about 5 inches, and the pool is up about 6 inches (right up to the rim). The kids in the neighborhood are throwing nets in the ditches and catching crawdads, just having a ball. And my garden loves it!....It's all good. :pretty:

1982vett":fnmjj2u5 said:
Waited a long time to get around. Strange that it is almost 5 pm, July and only 75 degrees.....I could stand a whole lot more of summer like this...

If Vette gets rain then most likely it's raining all over Texas. :lol: :lol:
Been slow raining for about 2 days now in my part of Texas.

Cal

Calman":29t5xuvu said:
1982vett":29t5xuvu said:

If Vette gets rain then most likely it's raining all over Texas. :lol: :lol:
Been slow raining for about 2 days now in my part of Texas.

Cal
:lol: Yep, if I'm getting it, everyone else better move to high ground. :nod:

The weather folks are talking about another disturbance coming into the gulf. Are we going to get a second dose?

Angus Cowman":130h73jk said:
send some of it on up and over to SOUTHERN Missouri and I am sure Jed will take some down in East central Ark
I am sure he would like to be able to quit "making" rain

Its been almost 2 months since we had any measurable rain. It is dry as a bone, pastures are burnt up, most folks are feeding hay already. If we don't get a rain soon their won't be a second cutting of hay .

backhoeboogie":3rv8n67b said:
The weather folks are talking about another disturbance coming into the gulf. Are we going to get a second dose?
Don't know why they are so eager to be the first to be wrong.......... :lol: We will probably be ready for some more in about 2 weeks. Quite a bit of difference around here from last year.

Just a little comparison....

TTuff.jpg

0019.JPG

Alicia071909.jpg

0028.JPG

BEVPasture.jpg

00313.JPG

Millet071909.jpg

0044.JPG

Even with a dry spring and irregular rain we are a whole lot better for this time of the year than we have been the past 3 years. With a little luck I'll make enough hay in the next few weeks for the winter. Then it will just be winter pastures to wonder about....

1982vett":1nx02ioo said:
backhoeboogie":1nx02ioo said:
Don't know why they are so eager to be the first to be wrong.......... :lol: We will probably be ready for some more in about 2 weeks. Quite a bit of difference around here from last year.

Just a little comparison....

TTuff.jpg

0019.JPG

Alicia071909.jpg

0028.JPG

BEVPasture.jpg

00313.JPG

Millet071909.jpg

0044.JPG

Even with a dry spring and irregular rain we are a whole lot better for this time of the year than we have been the past 3 years. With a little luck I'll make enough hay in the next few weeks for the winter. Then it will just be winter pastures to wonder about....

That ground looks like it needs to be planted in corn. Everytime a row crop farmer sees a green level piece of ground he starts thinking about getting the corn planter out.

Larry

Once upon a time......a lot of it was corn, well actually dry land cotton before it went to corn. Stopped row cropping all together around 1978 or so.

curtis":1v91b2k6 said:
Angus Cowman":1v91b2k6 said:
send some of it on up and over to SOUTHERN Missouri and I am sure Jed will take some down in East central Ark
I am sure he would like to be able to quit "making" rain

Its been almost 2 months since we had any measurable rain. It is dry as a bone, pastures are burnt up, most folks are feeding hay already. If we don't get a rain soon their won't be a second cutting of hay .

Hey Curtis. Maybe you folks would like to buy some hay this year from us. Bought my share last year from you folks in Ark, Mo and a couple of other places. :) I was glad to get it even at $80/bale. Then I couldn't afford it anymore and had to sell out.

Latest posts