RAIN FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Granbury is not a good place to be driving through on the 4th. Where do all those people come from? It looked like you could walk across the boats on the lake. 377 looked like a parking lot.

I live just west of Thorp Spring. The cows are down between Granbury and Glen Rose.

Alice":37nxstq9 said:
backhoe,

We were driving to Granbury on the 4th. Right before we got to Tolar the bottom dropped out. Water was actually running across the Hwy. We got to Granbury and there wasn't a drop.

Are you in the area that got that big rain? I know it didn't last long 'cause when we started home, about 45 minutes later, the rain had stopped. But while it was raining, it was really coming down.

Alice

I was in Granbury on the 4th. The clouds were a welcome relief. I do this every year, and every year I ask myself why. Too much heat, too many people. I never buy anything. My folks live close to the square and it finally did rain. I guess they got an inch, maybe. It had rained quite a bit in Alvarado.

Granbury is my home town, and I am one of those people that hate tourists. I am NOT a tourist because my parents still live there. :D I was born and raised there. Moved away when I was 18 to go to college.

Backhoe, I thought you lived at Mitchell Bend. Dont know where I got that thought.

Lammie":36w8k23y said:
Backhoe, I thought you lived at Mitchell Bend. Dont know where I got that thought.

I have cows and land there but I live west of Thorp Spring, which means I have to pass through the Granbury bottlenecked traffic. Thank goodness I don't have to drag trailers through the town square anymore.

backhoeboogie":sarjwjfy said:
Lammie":sarjwjfy said:

I have cows and land there but I live west of Thorp Spring, which means I have to pass through the Granbury bottlenecked traffic. Thank goodness I don't have to drag trailers through the town square anymore.

I've gotten to a point that I will drive a bit farther and go thru Glen Rose if I need to go to the metroplex. Granbury traffic on the loop is awful. When we go to Granbury it's to go to Home Depot. That used to not be so bad...but the traffic is beginning to bottleneck back that far.

Oh boy, here I go...whine, whine, whine.

Alice

No, Alice, you are right. I don't know where that traffic comes from. It is sad, really. To be a small town, and Granbury really is, it seems to have horrible traffic congestion. Cleburne is as bad.

You mean Stephenville doesn't have a Homo Depot? :D

I wouldn't mind living your way. When I was a kid, going to Stephenville was a big deal. The last time I drove through, it seemed smaller. Did the town shrink or did I grow?

Lammie":3q8xe0o4 said:
To be a small town, and Granbury really is, it seems to have horrible traffic congestion.

It is the government body. I live 1/2 mile from the loop and can see the traffic on it. The lake is not between me and the loop either. I can see the traffic on 377.

I have to drive 3 miles north to FM4, two miles east into Thorp Spring, about a mile south to get to the loop, then two miles west to wind up 1/2 mile from my house.

It is the opposite going home. "You see that light over there? That's my house. I'll be there in about 14 minutes, if the traffic isn't bad."

Back to the rain. When do the hurricanes start? Last year we were praying for Rita. She turned east. Can't we get in the bull's eye soon? If not, what didn't burn away in the brush fires last year surely will this year.

I am confused about the loop. I guess that is the new road they put in over by the cemetery? I recall my dad saying something about where it goes. I don't get out that way much. I have never driven on it. Where does it go?

It runs from 377, across 4 north between Thorp Spring and Granbury, and on to 51. They plan on tying it in to the east side of 377 some day. (prolly atleast another 10 years)

One of these days I'll have to tell ya'll the story about me being in the 4th of July parade through Granbury. It was the one when George Bush was here. Heck, I was just trying to get to the house and hadn't intended on waving at 100,000 people.

I can imagine what happened. I accidently put myself in the Joshua Homecoming parade because I thought it was over and I was looking for my son's soccer float. There I was going down Main Street. Started waving.

Latest posts