Radical Islam

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wewild":1ubddes3 said:
chrisy":1ubddes3 said:
We as so called civilized people wont do that,

Have you ever read or recall the firebombing ya'll did in Germany? I'm good with it.

Dreseden.

Or how about the Allies backing off and letting the Russians to go in Berlin first to maim, rape or kill what was left.

Caustic Burno":2df7rgan said:
Or how about the Allies backing off and letting the Russians to go in Berlin first to maim, rape or kill what was left.

Turning Patton loose would have saved us the Cold War and those people what they got.

Angus/Brangus":2qnfuk0y said:
It's true; it's like the ACLU runs the wars now.

We could have handled the Iraq situation a lot easier. It would have glowed in the dark for a while but we have special suits to wear that would have enabled us to walk in and pump out the crude, right?

And the border? Why waste all these border patrol personnel when a C130 can drop thousands of land mines instead? End of problem......except for theACLU.

I think I understand what you are saying...and I am somewhat ashamed that I spoke so harshly about the mountains in Afghanistan. I just think that the target of Iraq was so off course...it should have been Bin Laden in Afghanistan all along. And, if the Afghanis want to protect him, then there would be a price to pay for that. What a sad situation this had turned into. But, even tho I am sad for what is going on in the Middle East, I am so very sad for our country and what 9/11 brought to it...and it was brought to our country in the beginning. It has played out badly and is only getting worse. Bin Laden needs to be caught, or killed. Maybe then, we could all have a bit of a breather...back off and regroup. I know...if wishes were horses, beggars could ride.

Alice

My husband returned from Iraq a week and a half ago. He was there working as a civilian contractor. The base he was working on hired alot of Local Nationals (LN's). He got to know some of the men that worked for him. He has told me that the Iraqi people value family more than anything, well except probably Allah. So I think that if we were to turn things around on the extremists it might have an effect. He said it is typical for family members to be taken on raids etc. I know this seems the opposite of valuing family. That is just how they opperate and it's "normal" for everyone to be together.

I agree that we need to take a stronger stand to get things under control. This has gotten way out of hand. It should have never gotten this far and we now need to reign in the insurgents and radicals and I hate to say that it won't happen with everyone sitting around a table playing nice with each other.

Wewild":pvf079c3 said:
chrisy":pvf079c3 said:

Have you ever read or recall the firebombing ya'll did in Germany? I'm good with it.

yes I have read it and yes I know of it, but that makes it OK for them to do what they are doing....and who was it that bought us into this WAR....of retaliation,...and who was it that dropped a bomb of mass distruction twice on Japan.....is that OK. people are still realing from that, but Germany has come up trumps from the bombing we done in retaliation to the bombing they done on our Country. It was called the BLITZ. BUT aren't all WARS in retaliation of something, it is how you go about it that makes the difference, we came to help you as you did us back then, we have fault Afghanistan for you up until yesterday, so OK it is good that they have come to live in our Country and are bitting the hand that feeds them. I see.

Well all I have left to say on this matter is.....

God Bless all our Troops.

chrisy":3a2z4bkw said:
Wewild":3a2z4bkw said:
chrisy":3a2z4bkw said:

yes I have read it and yes I know of it, but that makes it OK for them to do what they are doing....and who was it that bought us into this WAR....of retaliation,...and who was it that dropped a bomb of mass distruction twice on Japan.....is that OK. people are still realing from that, but Germany has come up trumps from the bombing we done in retaliation to the bombing they done on our Country. It was called the BLITZ. BUT aren't all WARS in retaliation of something, it is how you go about it that makes the difference, we came to help you as you did us back then, we have fault Afghanistan for you up until yesterday, so OK it is good that they have come to live in our Country and are bitting the hand that feeds them. I see.

Well all I have left to say on this matter is.....

God Bless all our Troops.

You are dam right it was ok to drop the A-Bomb on Japan learn your history Japanese officers beheaded more people than we killed with both bombs. They had contest they published in the papers about who was winning for the week.
They also practiced cannibalism against the prisoners. They sneak attacked Pearl they were offered time and again to surrender and refused.
Lets don't get to playing tit for tat on who helps who we have baled you out of two World Wars to keep you from speaking German and loaned you the money to rebuild. If you don't what to be with us cut and run but don't cry when your wearing a veil instead of that freak goth crap in Picadilly.
We have 100,000's of dead soldiers buried in Europe that died for your freedom.

This is just one of the atrocities we should have sunk that island.
A compelling piece of history that speaks volumes about humankind's inhumanity in the atrocities that have been documented. It is a fact that in histories most brutal massacre, in Dec. 1937, the Japanese Army swept into the ancient city of Nanking. Within weeks more than 300,000 Chinese civilians and soldiers were systematically raped, tortured, and murdered - a death toll exceeding that of the atomic blasts of Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

I am on your side I am an Allie. I was only making a point to show how it is futile to say tit for tat. two wrongs don't make a right. all the old cliches coming out now. I know Japan had to be stopped as did Hitler and as Saddam. But it does not have to be done this way. I am not bleeting because it is our Troops. I think it is wrong when our boys do that sort of thing to. But pull out and let them get on with it now, Saddam has gone there are no weapons of distruction, call a truce, and be done.
I know you wont agree, but each to his own. and by the way we have paid all the monies owed for the War. I will now bow down and surrender as I have said all I want to say on this subject.

Cheyenne":2oi2opk8 said:
My husband returned from Iraq a week and a half ago. He was there working as a civilian contractor. The base he was working on hired alot of Local Nationals (LN's). He got to know some of the men that worked for him. He has told me that the Iraqi people value family more than anything, well except probably Allah. So I think that if we were to turn things around on the extremists it might have an effect. He said it is typical for family members to be taken on raids etc. I know this seems the opposite of valuing family. That is just how they opperate and it's "normal" for everyone to be together.

I agree that we need to take a stronger stand to get things under control. This has gotten way out of hand. It should have never gotten this far and we now need to reign in the insurgents and radicals and I hate to say that it won't happen with everyone sitting around a table playing nice with each other.

There in lies the problem. If the moderate Islamic people value family so much then THEY are the ones who should be denouncing what's going on, not only in Iraq but the world. I hear absolutely nothing from the moderate Islamic side in this country - nothing. If all the moderate Islamic people in the world were to voice opposition to what the extremists are doing it would not take long for all this to end. How can a terroist in Iraq operate next door to a moderate and they not know about it? How can expolsives be brought into Iraq from Syria and Iran and ANYONE not see it? Moderate? BULL S___! No such thing.

Quite frankly I think we should pull all the troups out of the middle east, get them a safe distance away and PAVE IRAQ, IRAN, Syria, Pakistan and Afghanstan in glass.

Angus/Brangus":1xtls1p4 said:
Chrisy,
If we leave now the bad guys will just over-run the country. There are two major groups in that country - Saudi supports one and Iran supports the other. If we leave, then the region risks an all out war between these two countries and possiby others, not to mention that if we leave then those who died for us will have done so in vain. There has got to be another way to deal with it other than tuck our tails and running.

This cut and run tactic is a old traditon that let the Hitlers of the world get a better foothold. England practiced this until Hitler drove them in sea at Dunkirk. They didn't return until after a little event on June 6,1944 at places like Omaha and Utah beaches, but that was GI Joe running up those beaches soaking up German bullets.
It is amazing at the cowards that want a free life but are not willing to fight for it.
They kept slapping the other cheek with the Cole, World Trade Center, barracks bombings etc.
Time to carry a big stick and use it.

Caustic Burno":2ine9kuk said:
Angus/Brangus":2ine9kuk said:
Chrisy,
If we leave now the bad guys will just over-run the country. There are two major groups in that country - Saudi supports one and Iran supports the other. If we leave, then the region risks an all out war between these two countries and possiby others, not to mention that if we leave then those who died for us will have done so in vain. There has got to be another way to deal with it other than tuck our tails and running.

This cut and run tactic is a old traditon that let the Hitlers of the world get a better foothold. England practiced this until Hitler drove them in sea at Dunkirk. They didn't return until after a little event on June 6,1944 at places like Omaha and Utah beaches, but that was GI Joe running up those beaches soaking up German bullets.
It is amazing at the cowards that want a free life but are not willing to fight for it.
They kept slapping the other cheek with the Cole, World Trade Center, barracks bombings etc.
Time to carry a big stick and use it.

Cutting and running will only make it worst next time. We'll need bomb shelters just like they have elsewhere in the world.

I just found this thread and am canadian, i see you need to get some perspective. The difference from other wars is that your country is fighting a extremist faction of a religious sect, not a country. There is no definative target. This will end badly, it is turning into a religious crusade. It is a no win situation. What will using a nuke accomplish other than bringing more planes into american office buildings, you are fighting a religion not a country. Another problem i see is that the US is funding their opponent ,no matter what is said all the US dollars spent on oil from the middle east, some of it will always get into the hands of the opponent. I don't have the answers but man did you goverment paint you into a corner.

The difference from other wars is that your country is fighting a extremist faction of a religious sect, not a country.

Good point, skcatlman. The Crusades were some of the bloodiest, most ruthless battles ever fought. I still think that if Bin Laden were caught or killed the head would be cut off the snake. Yeah, there would be other Bin Ladens, but it would be a long time before one with his power and charisma, and financial hookups would come around again.

With Bin Laden gone, I think there is a chance that the infighting for his "throne" would keep that bunch busy fighting amongst themselves for a very long time, maybe long enough for troops to be able to effectively wipe out a bunch of the cells. They cannot survive and be victorious without one ultimate leader to keep them together, and so far Bin Laden has been able to do that. Take him out and their purpose would shatter.

Saddam is gone...and Iraq is just getting more mired down. Send those 21,000 soldiers with the proper equipment and artillery into Afghanistan and wipe that crazy B@#+ard and his henchmen out! Heck they're the ones calling all the shots in Iraq right now.

Alice

Libya got the message loud and clear. They haven't been a problem for a while.

backhoeboogie":10oxco7l said:
Libya got the message loud and clear. They haven't been a problem for a while.

That's 'cause the U.S. hit them from the air with missles and smart bombs fast and quick. And, Gadafi (sp) isn't the same person as Bin Laden. Gadafi is the leader of a country. Bin Laden is religious zealot who is the leader of a network of terrorists commited to him. He has no country...just his zealotry. He's nothing more than a gang leader who has recruited outcasts and lunatics and given them a purpose...a dangerous, murderous purpose. IMO, of course.

Alice

Alice":oebdl482 said:
The difference from other wars is that your country is fighting a extremist faction of a religious sect, not a country.

Good point, skcatlman. The Crusades were some of the bloodiest, most ruthless battles ever fought. I still think that if Bin Laden were caught or killed the head would be cut off the snake. Yeah, there would be other Bin Ladens, but it would be a long time before one with his power and charisma, and financial hookups would come around again.

With Bin Laden gone, I think there is a chance that the infighting for his "throne" would keep that bunch busy fighting amongst themselves for a very long time, maybe long enough for troops to be able to effectively wipe out a bunch of the cells. They cannot survive and be victorious without one ultimate leader to keep them together, and so far Bin Laden has been able to do that. Take him out and their purpose would shatter.

Saddam is gone...and Iraq is just getting more mired down. Send those 21,000 soldiers with the proper equipment and artillery into Afghanistan and wipe that crazy B@#+ard and his henchmen out! Heck they're the ones calling all the shots in Iraq right now.

Alice

I fully agree that Bin Laden needs to be taken care of, but his followers are a very small part of the problem in Iraq.
The Shites and their Iranian backers seem to be more of a problem. Not sticking up for Saddam, but he did keep things under control in Iraq.

I thought that insurgents keep coming into Iraq to continue the fighting...to keep things stirred up.

Saddam and Bin Laden did not get along. In my opinion, Saddam aiding and abetting Bin Laden and Al Qaida was not the real reason the US went into Iraq...again, Saddam and Bin Laden hated each other...Saddam wasn't aiding and abetting Bin Laden. Saddam's ruthlessness was only one of many reasons that Iraq was targeted.

The money and troops needed to have gone to find Al Qaida and wipe them out, they are the ones that attacked us, not Iraq. I truly believe that Bin Laden is now able to recruit disgruntled Iraqis and keep this civil war going and in the process keep the U.S. involved in it. I can see that devil sitting back and smacking his lips right now. Cut him out of the picture, and things will be more manageable in Iraq. Again, just my opinion.

Alice

skcatlman":2esf7a62 said:
I just found this thread and am canadian, i see you need to get some perspective. The difference from other wars is that your country is fighting a extremist faction of a religious sect, not a country. There is no definative target. This will end badly, it is turning into a religious crusade. It is a no win situation. What will using a nuke accomplish other than bringing more planes into american office buildings, you are fighting a religion not a country. Another problem i see is that the US is funding their opponent ,no matter what is said all the US dollars spent on oil from the middle east, some of it will always get into the hands of the opponent. I don't have the answers but man did you goverment paint you into a corner.

And if the rest of the governments didn't have that don,t want to get involved attitude, this fight would have been over a long time ago.

KenB":1q639c23 said:
Alice":1q639c23 said:

Alice

I fully agree that Bin Laden needs to be taken care of, but his followers are a very small part of the problem in Iraq.
The Shites and their Iranian backers seem to be more of a problem. Not sticking up for Saddam, but he did keep things under control in Iraq.

Yes, mass murder is one way to keep people under control.

novatech":7mvo1dta said:
KenB":7mvo1dta said:
Alice":7mvo1dta said:

Alice

Yes, mass murder is one way to keep people under control.

Just like whats going on a much larger scale in Africa right now, and what our country did to the indians in times past.

Like the old saying goes, "you only have the rights you are willing to fight for."

Chrisy,

I'll tell my grandfather you said thank you! Also I'll tell him you said thank you for his brother who died to make sure that you have the right to sit there and write in English and not German. I'm sure he will be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts