R Leader 6964

Help Support CattleToday:

elkwc

Reaction score
Would like to read opinions from anyone who has used him or seen him in person. I know his sons are currently in demand. I've had good cattlemen that didn't like the udder on his mother. So would appreciate any input on his daughters udders, ect if anyone has any. I like his top side betrer thaan his bottom. And like him in one of the. Ideis I've seen. May go look at sone sons and looking for input.

Jay, I've seen some R Leader sons in person and so far I've been impressed with what I've seen. Saw a Leader son top our state sale back in Feb and wasnt surprised that he did as he was one that really stood out to me when I viewed the cattle the day before. Im actually a little surprised you are showing interest since you've been very vocal about your distain for Titan 23D and he goes back to him. Hes also the sire of that goggle eyed Churchill bull some of the HT guys including you have been ripping on Facebook recently questioning his purity and breed character so there is that too.

For what its worth, we've used both 936 and Revolution and will have our 4th set of calves this spring out of a 936 son we bred and both those bloodlines have performed very well for us. 936 has been proving to be a very good bull for carcass traits and the daughters we've had by him as well as others I've seen have nice udders. If it wasnt for already having plenty of the genetics on both sides of his pedigree in the herd we'd definitely be using Leader. Our 936 son probably has added more muscle and thickness to his calves than any bull we've used and hated to see him go but after using him 4 years will have too many daughters. Sold him to a Hereford breeder in southern Iowa last week who turned him right out on his fall calvers so we're glad he's going to a herd that will get some good use out of him.

I think there may be a few Hereford guys on here such as MRRherefords that might have used him that hopefully will see this and provide some input. I know everyone I've talked to lately that is using Leader has had nothing but positive reviews on him so far.

We have liked the calves that we have seen from him. Really like his daughters. I have heard that some people say that his dams udder was bad, but I do like his daughters udders from what I have seen. Bulls were about 75% look good to me, saw several that should have been steers due to lack of muscle, but most look good. His sire 936 has had some great looking bull calves. We ai'd a lot to Leader and 936 and are looking forward to what they look like.

MRRherefords":dkvsshro said:
We have liked the calves that we have seen from him. Really like his daughters. I have heard that some people say that his dams udder was bad, but I do like his daughters udders from what I have seen. Bulls were about 75% look good to me, saw several that should have been steers due to lack of muscle, but most look good. His sire 936 has had some great looking bull calves. We ai'd a lot to Leader and 936 and are looking forward to what they look like.

Thanks for the reply. In one of the videos I watched he appeared to have good thickness. His sons have been selling well in this area. My interest stems from the fact it appears we will likely be looking for another bull depending on how he tests. One of the breeders I contacted that I like his cattle uses a lot of Jensen influence and sold two high selling sons of his last week and has two left. Due to the current popularity of them I wanted to get the opinion of someone who has either used him or seen his progeny. He has several other bulls to look at but wanted to be informed in case one of his sons caught my eye. I've always liked the looks of 936 but have only seen a few of his progeny and they weren't as thick as I thought they might be. Again could very well be the cow they are out of. A bull has to have thickness and bone for me.

Latest posts