R-CALF Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

BLACKPOWER":37i89rxa said:
Campground Cattle":37i89rxa said:
Well said Texan a lot might have avoided like I did due to the poster. Just tries to stir turmoil.

????????????? Border closed = higher cattle prices for American Cattlemen (and I use the term "cattlemen" lightly for Texans) is really stirring the turmoil. Or maybe its "American" that I use lightly????

Well bp if your ever down Texas way stop by . RT 1 CR 2100 Woodville Texas we'll have a fine time bring some friends I have room for you and six others .
It takes a whole lot more than cattle issue to be an American, again you have shown your ignorance on an issue. Isolation and Protection economics are a two way street and a dangerous one. If R=calf had the same view on oil you wouldn't have enough fuel to operate, be short about 3 million bpd. Your neck of the woods recieves large amounts of Canadian oil, why are you willing to take that. If the Canucks decide to play hard ball your tiny hinny is going to get mighty cold. You spew hate towards the Canadians one our true Allies and Neighbors.

According to Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, western Canada has quite a bit of crude coming on line -- some 1 million barrels per day (mbd) more by 2010. The increase in output from new and planned expansions of oil sands projects is expected to push Western Canadian output to nearly 3 mbd, and for now, most of those barrels are pointed at refineries in the US.

Refineries, particularly in the Chicago, Illinois, area and St. Paul, Minnesota, took a combined 0.59 mbd of Canadian heavy in 2003, a 5% rise from 2002.

3rd largest exporter of crude oil to the US. Canada makes up 15% of total US oil imports.

I pray they never go to thinking like you, I really don't care if you perish in the cold but I do care about the Americnas there. Thinking like you do was what put Hitler into power the Canucks have turned into R-calfs Jews.

Nuff Said

BLACKPOWER":2xt8o9gp said:
This is where you are so ignorant.
blackpower, I think you're still missing the point. In fact, I can't even see any relationship in your post and mine. Maybe you're right. Must be because of ignorance. Why don't you try to find somebody up there that can read my post to you where I first mentioned Superior. I'll give you however long it takes. Then if you don't get it, maybe I can draw you a picture.

By the way, I'm sure Leo is very, very proud to have spokesmen like you representing R-CALF! You should be proud of yourself, as well!

There is serious talk by the Canadians over stopping oil imports to the USA.
I bet when you and your R-Calf buddies are paying five dollars a gallon for fuel along with every other American you will see things in a different light.
That should help the beef industry a lot lets see if we can p!ss of the general public as well.

The oil industry can not replace a 15% supply decrease.
So lets see Protection and Isolation economics = fuel shortage = higher prices at pump home heating= less dollars at home = less beef bought= lower demand due to fewer dollars=lower prices to cattlemen.

Sounds like a well thought out plan

By the way, I'm sure Leo is very, very proud to have spokesmen like you representing R-CALF! You should be proud of yourself, as well!

Yep, now if you could just learn how to tie your shoes and make it to the bathroom on time, you'll be on your way.

The reason I didn't vote the poll is I'm new to cattle and the politics involved. I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out. I've been reading alot of lenghty debates here about R-CALF. Even poked around the web site. However I'm still somewhat unsure on the issues. Call me blonde, but can someone simplify the issue in a small nutshell. Too much input and emotion leaves me perplexed. Am I the only here who doesn't get it? I do understand that we are having a shortage of replacement heifers due to the border closure. With no insult meant towards Canada, are we that dependant on them for cattle? The USA has their own cattle ranches. If I'm off base here, it's because I just don't understand. I'm not trying to offend anyone or stir a pot.

kjerckie":24nij9g6 said:
I do understand that we are having a shortage of replacement heifers due to the border closure. With no insult meant towards Canada, are we that dependant on them for cattle?
Karen, that's a new one on me about the replacements. I suppose its another example of the differences in what we hear in the South and what y'all hear closer to the border. To me the replacement heifer issue is simple. Maybe I'm too simplistic, but they've been worth more dead than alive! In some markets, they still are. That's the bottom line, the way I see it.

But if what you're hearing is correct, we'd better just get used to it. I would expect that it'll be a while before we get any breeding stock from Canada! Lot more hurdles to cross before we can even think about that.

I'm glad to hear that you're interested enough to try to figure things out and decide where you stand on important issues. :D I just wish more cattlemen felt that way....

Texan":2p8zx4s9 said:
kjerckie":2p8zx4s9 said:
I do understand that we are having a shortage of replacement heifers due to the border closure. With no insult meant towards Canada, are we that dependant on them for cattle?
Karen, that's a new one on me about the replacements. I suppose its another example of the differences in what we hear in the South and what y'all hear closer to the border. To me the replacement heifer issue is simple. Maybe I'm too simplistic, but they've been worth more dead than alive! In some markets, they still are. That's the bottom line, the way I see it.

But if what you're hearing is correct, we'd better just get used to it. I would expect that it'll be a while before we get any breeding stock from Canada! Lot more hurdles to cross before we can even think about that.

I'm glad to hear that you're interested enough to try to figure things out and decide where you stand on important issues. :D I just wish more cattlemen felt that way....

There is not a shortage of replacement heifers due to the border closure. Whoever told you that is in their own little universe. The reason cattle numbers are down in the country is due to a few factors:

1. The ongoing drought that continues to cripple the midwest and the nations largest cow/calf operations.

2. Record calf prices are causing more people to sell heifers instead of retaing them in their herd.

The USA is not dependent on Canada for replacement cattle. Canada is dependent on the USA to market their beef cattle. Don't let bleeding heart Canadian sympathesizers steer you wrong with their Canadian Oil Blockade conspiracy theory. Because in all reality these Texans care more about the border getting reopened that the Canadians own government does. R-Calf states that they are opposed to the border being reopened until the Canadian's prove that they have a safe meat supply. That hasn't been done yet, and that is the reason the border is still closed.

BLACKPOWER":18t1pn5l said:
You are saying that the R-Calf message is very out of line.

I'm being sarcastic.[/quote]

That's nothing new to anyone that's been reading this forum for a week or so.

If Japan say's we will import USA beef but on one condition, the US / Canadian border must remain closed. You would oppose that? When the border opens and cattle prices go down, You'll be happy?? You oppose a group made up of American cattle ranchers whose sole goal is to ensure the best price for American beef?? You are opposed to a group whose membership is voluntary and whose members all have an equal vote into how and where their money is allocated??? You should not be condemning this group, if anyone has sold any cattle in the last 6 months you should be thanking R-Calf USA for the price that you recieved. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

CattleAnnie":31cvsfju said:
Do I understand you correctly? If I'm reading your last post you state that R-CALF is the reason for high cattle prices in the U.S.?

Interesting....

Cattle prices have been high all year but there was a lot of speculation that the border was close to opening and futures dropped off.
R-Calf filed an appeal to the State Supreme Court in Montana stopping the opening. The very next day cattle prices jumped and have stayed there. Look it up.

Irregardless of who is actually responsible for the higher returns experienced by the U.S. cattlemen and women, I am happy for their good fortune.

Agriculture has long been an industry where the return for investments can be very dicey and often sporadic, especially for the producers.

I can only hope and pray that my fellow Canadian ranchers and farmers will be able to survive these difficult times and enjoy equivalant returns for the fruits of our labours.

(With talk of $0.40 - $0.50 / 500 weight steer prices forecast for this fall, it will definately be an understatement to label our dilemna as a "challenge", but I am confident that if we look to our forebears who survived the "dirty thirties", we too shall overcome the obstacles placed in our paths and pave the way to better times in agriculture in Canada.

Hang in there, boys and girls. Keep pestering the CCA, your MLAs, MPs, Ministers of Agriculture (both Provincially and Federally). It's important to keep reminding them that we need them to work with us to find a viable option out of this mess.)

Take care.

This evening I got a call, one of those recorded deals. It started with "This is a political poll". The first question was "If the election was held today would you vote for GW, press one or". Not sure what the second part was because I pressed one. The next question was about governer and I pressed one, it happened to be the Republican. The interesting part was it ended with, "This poll was paid for by the MIssouri Democratic party". I sure hope I ruined their day.

dun

Latest posts