Quick Thinking Joke

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime

Reaction score
A man walked into the vegetable section of his local supermarket and asked for half a head of lettuce.

The boy working there told him that they only sold whole heads of lettuce.

The man was insistent that the boy asked his manager about the matter.

Walking into the back room, the boy said to his manager, "Some jackleg out there wants to buy a half a head of lettuce."

As he finished his sentence, he turned to find the man standing right behind him, so he added, "And this gentleman wants to buy the other half."

The manager approved the deal, and the man went on his way.

Later the manager saw the boy and said, "I was impressed with the way you got yourself out of that situation earlier.

We like people who think on their feet here. Where are you from son?"

"Originally from Canada sir", the boy replied.

"Why did you leave Canada?", the manager asked.

The boy answered, "Sir there's nothing but sluts and hockey players there."

"Really?" said the manager. "My wife is from Canada."

"No crap!" the boy replied. "Who does she play for?"

This is one of those jokes where you can plug just about any place in there. The version I heard was Texas and football players. Why ga prime chose to pick on Canada, well, I expect hillsdown to get to the bottom of that for us. ;-)

VanC":27s91r99 said:
This is one of those jokes where you can plug just about any place in there. The version I heard was Texas and football players. Why ga prime chose to pick on Canada, well, I expect hillsdown to get to the bottom of that for us. ;-)

Canada is nuts about hockey. Is there a better reason to pick on them?
Oh yeah--Mexico is nuts about soccer and as Mr Ditka says....

john250":2y4a5wfe said:
VanC":2y4a5wfe said:

I wonder what Ditka would say about ice hockey? Probably something like "If God intended us to play ice hockey, he would have put blades on the bottom of our feet." Actually, I'll bet he loves ice hockey. Like our football, it has the right mix of skill and muscle. Definitely not for pansies.

VanC":2s6r604z said:
john250":2s6r604z said:
VanC":2s6r604z said:

I wonder what Ditka would say about ice hockey? Probably something like "If God intended us to play ice hockey, he would have put blades on the bottom of our feet." Actually, I'll bet he loves ice hockey. Like our football, it has the right mix of skill and muscle. Definitely not for pansies.

If anyone watched the finals for the men's and women's Olympic hockey, USA vs Canada, how could you not love the sport.. :nod: Those were 2 great games . :D

Unfortunately NHL hockey can be rather boring and ever since we gave up our season tickets for the Oilers I rarely watch a game unless it is the the last game of the season for the Stanley cup. AAA hockey can be pretty exciting to watch though..

john250":2yetzp2z said:
Ditka probably loves hockey.
I have an aversion to sports which involve ice--or just an aversion to ice--there's nothing really wrong with the game.

I won't go so far as to say that I love it, but I do like watching from time to time. It's an exciting, fast-paced sport that takes a lot of skill and toughness. Only thing I don't care for is when they drop the gloves and beat each others brains out. Never could understand what that has to do with whose the better team. That's why I usually just watch the Olympics and the NHL playoffs. Saw the Black Hawks and the Rangers play at Chicago Stadium back in the late 70's. The atmosphere was awesome.

Latest posts