Quick getaway!

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
I like beer and I cannot lie. Hog tied the bride (35 years almost) and road tripped to Leavenworth Washington. The snow is Snoqualmie pass, should be plenty of water for the Yakima valley this year. Free motel with our CC and less than a tank of gas in her Subaru. Fun place lots of pubs and local beer, sunny and 61 degrees. Stopped by 5 little gun shops and they were empty of ammo. 75% of the people walking around outside had masks on, I'm not hobbling along outside with a mask. Sitting in a beer garden just checking out people, some people must not have mirrors available!! Hahaha.Great time so far!
20210326_171746.jpg20210326_133435.jpg

I use to go there every June for a three day meeting of all the conservation district people from around the state.

The wife and I did an even quicker get away today. There has been a lot of mining equipment being hauled by here nearly everyday. So we drove up the canyon and then up Clark Creek. That is where gold was first discovered here in 1862. It is the site that the Hoffmans from the TV show Gold Rush mined the one season they were here in Oregon. They went bust at this same site. Who ever these new people are they have a ton of big new equipment. My neighbor says he wishes he had all the money spent there looking for gold since all the good gold was taken out.

I like beer and I cannot lie. Hog tied the bride (35 years almost) and road tripped to Leavenworth Washington. The snow is Snoqualmie pass, should be plenty of water for the Yakima valley this year. Free motel with our CC and less than a tank of gas in her Subaru. Fun place lots of pubs and local beer, sunny and 61 degrees. Stopped by 5 little gun shops and they were empty of ammo. 75% of the people walking around outside had masks on, I'm not hobbling along outside with a mask. Sitting in a beer garden just checking out people, some people must not have mirrors available!! Hahaha.Great time so far!
View attachment 3394View attachment 3395
My wife told me the other day to pick up all the beer cans in the garden....beer garden?????

I wish I had time to go explore again. I did most of my travels before the kids. Wish they could have the same experience I was able to have when I was younger. The world just isnt the same anymore.... Still love to travel, just love my farm more. Kinda limits the kids though.

Comon y'all were headed to the Co- Op.
And the crowd goes wild..... lol

I wish I had time to go explore again. I did most of my travels before the kids. Wish they could have the same experience I was able to have when I was younger. The world just isnt the same anymore.... Still love to travel, just love my farm more. Kinda limits the kids though.

Comon y'all were headed to the Co- Op.
And the crowd goes wild..... lol

Better make some time life flys by. Put explore on your schedule like you do anything else you won't regret it. Time spent with your family is time well spent. 😊

Better make some time life flys by. Put explore on your schedule like you do anything else you won't regret it. Time spent with your family is time well spent. 😊

I agree about the time well spent with the family. I spend time here on the property doing what needs to be done. If they choose to spend time, I'm available, but have to provide also...
We have been to 45 states in the last 10- 20 years with them. Not so much within the last 10 we have had the farm.
Before kids, I have been in 43 countries. Some on orders, some by choice.

I drove down to near Boca Chica Tx last thursday night to see the SpaceX rocket launch the next day. nothing quick about it tho. 6 1/2 hrs each way and they scrubbed the Fri afternoon launch anyway.
I won't be doing that again for awhile.

Latest posts