Quick observation

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't know why the pic is rotated like that?? This pic is 1 day before clipping, 2 days before the show pic above.
Wanted to give u fair pics Son o B lol

I was just wondering and seeing if I was just barn blind. Black steer won Grand Champion....our B/W steer took Reserve. We were approached by many that were in disbelief. I have to admit, I was a lil myself. Just bring one bigger and better next year. We keep on getting on.

Lomac":2cxg4axv said:
I was just wondering and seeing if I was just barn blind. Black steer won Grand Champion....our B/W steer took Reserve. We were approached by many that were in disbelief. I have to admit, I was a lil myself. Just bring one bigger and better next year. We keep on getting on.

Where was the show? How many steers were entered?

I kind of assumed it was something like that as to why you were asking.
Black steer has impressive length and advantage in side view of rump...but I still say 2-1
Guess you will just have to challenge winner to a carcass contest....only true contest worth spit in my opinion and
I have seen live show placings proven wrong when live placing show is followed by carcass contest.

15 steers. All looked like the black steer. B/W steer was heaviest at the show, 1388lbs. That black steer I believe was something like 1350ish. We don't have a carcass contest here.

2-1. I am not a fan of the top line on the black steer. It could be the picture, but in front of the hooks, it doesn't appear to be smooth as the B/W steer. Rear view of the B/W steer is better too.

What did the judge comment on that he liked better on the black vs the B/W?

Latest posts