Questions

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Here are some questions as they come. Please answer as many as possible.
I have 4 x heifers. 3 x 12 month old 1 x 15 month old. I put the 15 month old and one 12 month old in a paddock together.

Yesterday I had the 15 month old inseminated and then left with the 12 month old for company in my front paddock. As that's where I was watching her come on heat. The 12 month old was my "bull. Today the 12 month old was mooing and jumped a hot tape. Suddenly keen to get back to the other 2x12 month old heifers. So I put her back with them. She started bullying with one of the 12 month olders and she in turn bulled with her. I would say the angus was on heat and maybe the other is close or the same. Now the 15 month old is by herself and I hope she takes. Do I leave her separate or mix her with the other 3? The other 3 will not be mated for 3 months minimum. Also I have a job and this is a hobby so time is a factor. Thanks

Speckle Park hanging rock haldor. All very exciting. They are separate now I might mix them on the weekend.

you could have left all four together when the 15 month old was in heat. the more they get rode, the more likely she would settle. I would just put them all together now.

Latest posts