Question about embryos...

Help Support CattleToday:

NEFarmwife

Reaction score
We did ET on several of our herd. Most, when ultrasounded... were 105 days bred (give or take a day or two) but a few were about a week later.

I have one mating in particular, I'm just chomping at and she hasn't calved yet. Ultrasound was 97 days vs the 105 we were getting (and precise for ET date).

She's bagging up now and based off her 97 days pregnant, isn't due till today but what are the odds that she has a heat just 8 days after? Our ET guy would have never implanted an egg without a good heat.

I guess I just need some hope. She should still have an ET calf, correct? I want this calf sooooo bad.

Most of the time people wait until 60 days bred to be safe in calf because you lose a lot of pregnancies in the first 42 days.
Don't lose hope. You would likely have seen her in heat because with the pregnancy being important to you...you were likely watching her more than other recips.

Air gator":27wau8rc said:
Most of the time people wait until 60 days bred to be safe in calf because you lose a lot of pregnancies in the first 42 days.
Don't lose hope. You would likely have seen her in heat because with the pregnancy being important to you...you were likely watching her more than other recips.

We were. And come to think of it, didn't even turn a bull out to them for two weeks. So in case they didn't breed that heat, could catch the next.

I thought she was going to calve last night but she didn't.

We turn bulls in a few days after the eggs are implanted. We DNA all the ET calves so we know for sure. The recips can go early or late so DNA is my friend. We have had some two weeks ahead and two weeks behind ET due date that tested to the ET mating so don't give up!

Gizmom

gizmom":1yh0mhg5 said:
We turn bulls in a few days after the eggs are implanted. We DNA all the ET calves so we know for sure. The recips can go early or late so DNA is my friend. We have had some two weeks ahead and two weeks behind ET due date that tested to the ET mating so don't give up!

Gizmom
Will definitely DNA it. Suppose to be another heifer and hoping just as beautiful as the one we have on the ground. I'm to the point of looking up a calving dance during the full moon.

First time that my husband and I have had our own ET calves. The ones my FIL does, are of his own donor with various flushes.

My favorite girl is my RB Confirmed/SAV Abigale. She's so pretty.

I absolutely love my Abigale calves! Great cow family! NEFarmwife knows where I get them from too!

SchenkAngusFarm":2px9bzjz said:
I absolutely love my Abigale calves! Great cow family! NEFarmwife knows where I get them from too!
Sure do! I believe I've talked my husband into buying up the rest of their Confirmed/Abigale embryos. I mean, she's just a doll. Hate to jump the gun on embryos without seeing how she turns out but I LOVE her.

NEFarmwife":36rx8igl said:
SchenkAngusFarm":36rx8igl said:
Sure do! I believe I've talked my husband into buying up the rest of their Confirmed/Abigale embryos. I mean, she's just a doll. Hate to jump the gun on embryos without seeing how she turns out but I LOVE her.

We just put in some of their eggs last week. I think we had some Abigale's in there but it was too many to remember.

Send me pics when yours hit! I'd love to see them!

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1jfr0nam said:
Any baby yet?
Yes. Just 3 days ago. So either it's 20 days overdue or 6 days early.

Has to be early. Wasn't a big calf. We really didn't fair well on embryos this year. And then lost one, it got stepped on and bled internally.

Latest posts