Quail

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":3kiszyji said:
Your wrong chief, you better pull the race card out. It's hard to fix stupid sometimes.

I've been wrong before... I've been stupid before... However, I don't have the market cornered on it.
na grand wizard cb will do the race calling.

skyhightree1":1dcgknla said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1dcgknla said:
I haven't heard a Whiporwill in years.

CB, what's up with that crack on Sky's ancestry?

Double T its OK I'd expect nothing more from him..He attacks my character.. Says I'm the reason hunters get a bad rap... but ol cb and i will both pretend together that some that are near and dear to him are legal citizens. ;-)

See Sky you are the most racist person on this board constantly railing about Brown people.

To help with your ignorance of history some more.
The people of Texas were Mexican Citizens before 1836.
The men in the Alamo were all Mexican Citizens except some brave volunteers from Tennessee.
This was a Civil War no different than the American Revolution, British citizens were fighting British citizens.
This Civil War was no different than the one fought in our country in 1861.
So if it is within your ability to understand we have a long history with the Tejano and do not consider them second class
citizens as you do. They were here first and we joined them. Might want to read the history of Jim Bowie.
Many of the original of the Anglo settlers of Texas we intermarried with them.
The true irony here is you are railing against your own native Americans as they descendants of the Aztec's (they were Indians)
that the Spanish had enslaved.

jedstivers":338dbu64 said:
Now we're getting somewhere. It's Santa Anna's fault we don't have any quail.

Jed if we could ship a five gallon bucket of fireants and a trailer load of feral sows about to drop north east.
Might get some scientist looking fore a cure.
Until they come up with some type of fertility treatment we are doomed,
No way to trap or shoot them out. As fast as they have expanded won't be long they will be in Canada.
Jo hit the nail on the head the land management has changed over the last fifty year's.
Very little farming going on here anymore. Not enough land diversity.

I still have some places they should be plentiful because the land use is still the same. They aren't there.
We have had thousands and thousands of bottom acres put in WRP in this area. That's a 99 year contract to go back in these and they build water structures on it to. Anyway it's planted in hardwoods and it starts growing up in grass. The quail really take off for a fer years but I think it's short lived as the ground cover gets thicker and now most of the WRP has hogs and fire ants on it.

Caustic Burno":dvlu8bjp said:
See Sky you are the most racist person on this board constantly railing about Brown people.

To help with your ignorance of history some more.m
The men in the Alamo were all Mexican Citizens except some brave volunteers from Tennessee.
This was a Civil War no different than the American Revolution, British citizens were fighting British citizens.
So if it is within your ability to understand we have a long history with the Tejano and do not consider them second class
citizens as you do. They were here first and we joined them. Might want to read the history of Jim Bowie.
The true irony here is you are railing against your own native Americans as they descendants of the Aztec's (they were Indians)

CB maybe you love illegal immigrants but I do not and it has nothing to do with skin color.
I got 1 last thing to say to you ever. I know you want to be this hard azzed tough old man but let me tell you something. I don't do the internet big talk and insulting my ancestry and character. If you want to talk down to another man and insult him for who he is and his character you dam well be ready to back it up and not with a history lesson over the internet come on up to Dinwiddie Va I ain't hard to find and spout off at the mouth. That's all I have to say to you about that. If you ain't ready to take a trip up here keep my name out of your pu zz y azz mouth.

skyhightree1":6m1bv3wf said:
Caustic Burno":6m1bv3wf said:

To help with your ignorance of history some more.m

CB maybe you love illegal immigrants but I do not and it has nothing to do with skin color.
I got 1 last thing to say to you ever. I know you want to be this hard azzed tough old man but let me tell you something. I don't do the internet big talk and insulting my ancestry and character. If you want to talk down to another man and insult him for who he is and his character you dam well be ready to back it up and not with a history lesson over the internet come on up to Dinwiddie Va I ain't hard to find and spout off at the mouth. That's all I have to say to you about that. If you ain't ready to take a trip up here keep my name out of your pu zz y azz mouth.

That is almost scary.
That would be a terroristic threat here.
I wouldn't expect less from you . It is not unusual for ignorance turn to violence.
Been on TV almost constantly.
I don't lump all people of Mexican descent as second class citizens as you do or not American.
Many of these illegals from Central and South America via Africa are black. Should we round all the blacks
and send them back to Africa?
Many Asians as well guess we drop all them off in China.
Again you only rail against the brown due to your ignorance on the issue.
You might try reading and researching as many of these people you rail against and hate were human trafficked
into the US.
http://www.polarisproject.org/human-tra ... ing-trends
Maybe we should round all them up as well.

This is just to lighten the mood, so neither one of yaw get mad at me. OK

I personally end my arguments like this:

Bigfoot":1427wsxh said:
This is just to lighten the mood, so neither one of yaw get mad at me. OK

I personally end my arguments like this:
I always end Mine slow dancing naked, speaking of that believe I'll go start a fight :hide: :banana: :banana:

jedstivers":2cylgbdl said:
I still have some places they should be plentiful because the land use is still the same. They aren't there.
We have had thousands and thousands of bottom acres put in WRP in this area. That's a 99 year contract to go back in these and they build water structures on it to. Anyway it's planted in hardwoods and it starts growing up in grass. The quail really take off for a fer years but I think it's short lived as the ground cover gets thicker and now most of the WRP has hogs and fire ants on it.

I think the CRP is the same. Seemed to me that places that people rented for cattle production previously and had good numbers, went to pot quicker under CRP management than places still in production.

Cattle have been documented to be good for wildlife diversity on mountain terrain/BLM lands as well.

The land was intended to be grazed--- buffalo, bovines, whatever... it was intended to be utilized. Add that wild fires and even prescribed burning just aren't common anymore.

When the county decided to start charging for direct costs incurred from fires that get away from people, the number of people burning dropped significantly. Probably not a good thing. Especially because of cedar trees.

Commercialfarmer":2d8i3lgw said:
jedstivers":2d8i3lgw said:

I think the CRP is the same. Seemed to me that places that people rented for cattle production previously and had good numbers, went to pot quicker under CRP management than places still in production.

Cattle have been documented to be good for wildlife diversity on mountain terrain/BLM lands as well.

The land was intended to be grazed--- buffalo, bovines, whatever... it was intended to be utilized. Add that wild fires and even prescribed burning just aren't common anymore.

When the county decided to start charging for direct costs incurred from fires that get away from people, the number of people burning dropped significantly. Probably not a good thing. Especially because of cedar trees.
CRP isn't the same here as WRP, two different approaches.
Here fescue was planted on CRP and the quail never even started on it.

CB, is just stating facts. History is easy to look up, all you have to do is be able to read. I'm against people getting paid because of their color or where they came from. If your here to work that's great, if your here to mooch off the taxpayers you need to go.
Criminals are costing us more than illegals, but we could stop both if we really wanted to.

highgrit":3nof58ms said:
CB, is just stating facts. History is easy to look up, all you have to do is be able to read. I'm against people getting paid because of their color or where they came from. If your here to work that's great, if your here to mooch off the taxpayers you need to go.
Criminals are costing us more than illegals, but we could stop both if we really wanted to.

The number one expense to the state of Texas is the prison system.
Feel free to look up the ethnic majority of those inmates we have to house and feed.
One of the most interesting stats is the average IQ of an inmate is 90.
Thats 10 point's below an average American.
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/S ... FY2012.pdf

Roundup was the nemesis to the quail in my eyes. Our numbers have started coming back since roundup resistance started in full force and weeds got harder to kill. Not to mention all of the cedars that are out of control from all the old timers refusing to burn. We finally have some birds again, enough I felt OK shooting a couple this year just to remember what they tasted like.

Latest posts