Red Quail

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about them. We bought some to train the dogs with and they are big robust birds. We are thinking about releasing some out where we hunt in Ks.

Rarely do pen raised quail survive very long when released to the wild.

dun":35lcyy74 said:
Rarely do pen raised quail survive very long when released to the wild.

I agree. If we release mature birds it would just be for the puppies to have something to work on and get them a little more action. Put and take.

What I am thinking is there's a device that allows you to acclimate them to their environment and up their chances for survival. We have a friend out there who would hel us with that part of the operation.

I hadn't heard of Red Quail, so I googled. Says they are muted Bob Whites. Whistle like a Bobwhite and cannot be raised with other game birds.

mnmtranching":3hf0eh58 said:
I hadn't heard of Red Quail, so I googled. Says they are muted Bob Whites. Whistle like a Bobwhite and cannot be raised with other game birds.

We've got em in with some Scalies and some regular Bobs. They did kill a couple of the real little scalies.

I guess if you put them together with others at hatching they are real killers. I can't wait to see how they fly. Doing that later today

I believe that you probly have some tennessee Reds, I think they came off a farm close to Grand Juction, Tn.

I do not know anything about the birds but please take pics and post them as I love to see the dogs in action. One of my favorite shows was OLN's "Hunting with Hank." I loved that show ,Hank was amazing, beautiful and smart.. :)

Latest posts