Purina Accuration Free choice ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Can Purina Accuration be fed free choice? Or is this a bad idea ? I have some 6 week old calves and would prefer not to feed daily ( recent shoulder surgery not lazy lol ). Locally all I can get is Accuration and Precon. Thanks

I would definitely talk with a sales person or just call Purina direct and explain you situation and ask what they recommend. In fact, calling direct is probably the best choice.

Accuration works good in the right scenario but it can be bad in the wrong one.

Can Purina Accuration be fed free choice? Or is this a bad idea ? I have some 6 week old calves and would prefer not to feed daily ( recent shoulder surgery not lazy lol ). Locally all I can get is Accuration and Precon. Thanks
Please see
Accuration can be fed free choice. There are a number of rations with varying consumption levels so just make sure you buy the right one. One of the few Purina products I personally like and have used. Consumption will be as advertised.

How do calves do on lick tub? The 10% fat tub?
Accuration Hi-Fat is 10% fat. It was several years ago I put them out for a couple months. The cows looked skinny/rough going out to summer pasture. I only used them that one time. Sorry, I don't recall anything specific regarding the calves.

My normal supplement is a 20% protein tub. Yes, the calves overindulge and get poopy butts.

I used to creep feed with 70/30 Accuration, but not that young. The fish meal element I think limited intake very well. But I don't know anything about bottle calves. Usually creep feeding starts at about three months. Accuration is spendy, but so convenient.