Pups

Help Support CattleToday:

Jalopy

Reaction score
Just got awakened by a rapping on our door at 1 AM. I was sound asleep and the wife nugged me awake. Well I go to the door and a couple of young brothers from the neighborhood were there they were appologetic but they were training their new coonhound pup and he had chased a coon by our house and our 10 month old pup was chasing and playing with all of them. They brought our pup to our door and then they went and corralled their pup and left as they left they appologized again.I was just thankful that that was the only thing they wanted and I told them that it was not a problem as I was glad they weren't telling me that my cows were out on the road. It was also nice to see these 19-25 year old brothers out together doing something constructive. They are decent young guys and hard workers so it good to see them enjoying themselves. I suppose they could have gotten thier pup and left without bothering us but we live back from the road in a timbered pasture and they wanted to let us know what all the lights were about. I certainly have no problem with them teaching a new pup and new pups don't always respond as one wishes nor do they pay attention to property lines. :lol2: