Public Service Info: Additional Vetting for Refugees

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Lotsa questions going around now, about adding extra security measures for refugees wanting entry into the USA. The House has approved a bill for additional vetting of those folks; Obama intends to veto. KNOW THIS: If the House and Senate approve it, and Obama vetoes it, it will go BACK to Congress. Then, if two-thirds of all the members of Congress vote "yes," the bill becomes law. The bill dies if there are not enough votes to override the President. So, if you have strong feelings about this one way or the other, find out who your Representatives and Senators are: Send them a letter or an email. You can find them by just entering your zip code at this site:https://www.opencongress.org/people/zipcodelookup

Are these the ones were flying over, or the ones crossing the border willy nilly?

I think several prominent officials should have to sign a piece of paper that they have fully vetted each person and they are guaranteed to not harbor ill feelings toward America. That will do it for sure. Probably at least 4 additional forms if we really want to guarantee safety.

Wonder if the Trojans would have any advice on all these free gifts?

Just telling you what's on the radar right now, CommercialFarmer. And it was in response to the craap in Paris. I've not read the proposal in full. If you had a bowl of grapes, and someone told you one or two might be poison, would you eat any grape? That was a question I posed on my FB page, and got a lot of flack about it from those sending out flower-scented farts with lots of sympathy. But this is an interesting editorial: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/110415-779192-poll-13-of-syrian-refugees-support-isis.htm

Commercialfarmer said:
I think several prominent officials should have to sign a piece of paper that they have fully vetted each person and they are guaranteed to not harbor ill feelings toward America. That will do it for sure. Probably at least 4 additional forms if we really want to .../quote]

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read that the House Bill includes something along those lines. It allows for the refugees to be settled here, after FBI and one of the other alphabet agencies vets and signs on the dotted line that they aren't terrorists.

That seems like a decent compromise to me. If there are people fleeing persecution I'm ok with allowing them to come. If the FBI and Immigration have to literally sign their name on a form somewhere, they would probably take the vetting process pretty seriously. And that would likely deter terrorists from trying to gain entry that way. After all, they can get in other ways easy enough.

SJB, I know individuals that went to work for the FBI, and another that works for one of the other alphabet soup agencies.

The one of the two fbi agents that I believe to be the most moral/stand up character quit within the first year because of conflict of conscience. The other FBI agent, I haven't spoken with since she went in.

The third in another agency, I talk with regularly. He isn't impressed with his situation either, and he's climbed several rungs of the ladder.

That's troubling to me when two eagle scout, heart of the nation, apple pie eating country boys feel that their agencies are not working for the best interest of Americans.

If you think that pressure can't be applied to government employees, apparently you haven't been watching Gitmo being emptied in record fashion. Do you feel a these combatants that we spent a lot of lives and years rounding up were all unjustly detained and harmless? Isn't there a .gov committee signing their names on fancy dotted lines paper saying these people have been found to not be a threat to America? Who was right, the ones signing the dotted lines to detain them, or the ones signing the dotted lines under pressure to release them because there is a political objective of closing the place down?

I don't care what color ink and how pretty the paper, if you think someone putting their John Hancock on it under duress of unemployment is safety, you're sorely mistaken.

Kathie in Thorp":19e0yqlc said:
Just telling you what's on the radar right now, CommercialFarmer.

I know Kathie, I just don't like it one bit.

I don't want to see anyone being mistreated or persecuted. But it's not about persecution. If it was, you'd see women, children and more minority faiths being shipped around the world. Instead, you see almost exclusively young Muslim men... Something isn't on the up and up here.

When people want to start being honest about what is happening, then we can have a conversation about what to do and how to do it.

Kathie in Thorp":rvd29rtj said:
I think most that would be vetted/approved for entry will be women and children. Still, I'm for rigourous questionning and back-grounding.

Should be a game changer in that the mastermind behind the Paris attacks reentered France as a Syrian refugee. As far as women and children I too am compassionate however this is reality. "ISIS kingpin Abdelhamid Abaaoud was found dead inside a Paris apartment building after police sprayed the residence with 5,000 bullets — and a female colleague detonated her suicide vest.
". To a rational person it should be reasonable to pause and evaluate if it is a good idea to accept people. How do you explain the POTUS comparing syrian refugees to "tourist" in our country.

I suppose I would feel a little more comfortable with the refuges because at least someone would KNOW they were here and maybe WHERE they were. Can't say that about the 100K's that came across the border. And if anyone believes that everybody that came across were all mexicans then I have some dry land in Florida to sell you.

After what happened in France and Mali, you must be delusional to want this vermin any where near
Our good people, just look what they have done for Europe,they are not coming here to be Citizens
They are coming to destroy you, How in Gods name can the Fbi or any other agency vet these
Animals there is no paper trail, .If they come here they can move any state they choose.
I've seen the **** holes that these animals create in the once beautiful parts the the UK.
God BlessAmerica and keep us safe from,these disgusting creatures.