Public Service Announcement

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
We have had some rainless weather lately and I've taken full advantage of it and have spent several days in the seat of a tractor doing hay. One day the weather person scared me so I worked all day without stopping to eat or anything and I felt my body needed something cool and an infusion of carbs. I was thinking beer would but instead I bought some of that Red's Apple Ale. Don't know if you've tried this stuff yet but on a hot day it is like nectar and really tastes good. Too good actually. Anyway, getting back to the subject of the thread it is important to note that tractors have steps and not an elevator or an escalator so they are not Red's Apple Ale friendly by any stretch of the imagination.

I tend to stay away from the "new" stuff as it seems to be good for only one, then it tastes terrible. Like Bud light Lime :yuck: . But if you are suggesting that Redds Apple Ale is different, I'll try it tomorrow. That is what you're saying, right?..... You, Joe are vouching for it?

I am off all week and have Canadians visiting. They usually need severe hydrating to keep them from contracting altitude sickness. Looks like i may have a new weapon in the war against that dread disease.

I will let you know how it works above 9000ft!

3waycross":19bbvdhs said:
I am off all week and have Canadians visiting. They usually need severe hydrating to keep them from contracting altitude sickness. Looks like i may have a new weapon in the war against that dread disease.

Gosh o Friday, I hope they are used to a little elevation. Otherwise that's just not nice! :help:

Commercialfarmer":33xu3wmt said:
3waycross":33xu3wmt said:

Gosh o Friday, I hope they are used to a little elevation. Otherwise that's just not nice! :help:

Not much where they live. I am looking forward to drinking them under the table at least for the first day or two. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

3waycross":33n0vh4k said:
Not much where they live. I am looking forward to drinking them under the table at least for the first day or two. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Several years ago, I heard that a young flat land guy could end up going out up there with 3 nice high altitude ladies, and not be able to corroborate the nights events (while just trying to keep up with the girls). In all fairness in this hypothetical situation, the ladies would all have been previous part time bar tenders.

To bring this back to keeping in line with Jogeephus' thread, if there is a warning label that McDonald's hot coffee is actually HOT and that the heat from the steaming liquid may burn you.... there definitely should be a warning label on anything alcoholic served above 5,000 feet for the faint of liver.

I would caution that the media has things backwards in their advertisement. You don't start out laying on the ground looking at the apple. Its the other way around. Again, I caution the stuff is too good.

Latest posts