Proud Pa Pa

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Went to watch the grandkids show there hogs yesterday oldest granddaughter took reserve in her class and in showmanship. Grandson took third in his class. Seven year old grandaughter took first in showmanship.
Shortly after that I lost three calfs for next year.

Congratulations to the kids! I am alwasy more pleased with how the kids do in the showmanship classes then the beauty contest parts.
I've watched one kid show at our fair for the past 8 years showing heifers. He was a little short fat kid who did a good job as a 6-7 year old. Every year he just gets more polished and smoother and his animals are really well trained. Last year he was one of the kids helping after the fair get the calves ready for the sale.

Congratulations! A lot of my sons' favorite memories deal with their animal projects and their grandpa! We finally got our two oldest grandsons, 11 and 8, to sign up for the local 4-H Market Hog project. They will be getting and weighing in their pigs in about 3-4 weeks. We always feed extras in case there are any problems but mostly so we can have fresh homegrown pork! We hope a couple years with hogs will be enough to make them want to get into the steers! Congrats again and pass that on to the kids!

congrats to the kids on a job well done in the show ring.i know the proud Pa Pa was beaming with pride as he sat watching them show.an you know youll love giving up 3 calves for them to show.

Congratulations to your grand kids. I am sure you will be just as proud of them showing those calves next year as your are of them showing those hogs!

Caustic Burno":nogqc73e said:

You'd best get in front of a mirror and do a thorough self-check. Sounds as if you have a "1-800-sucker" tatoo :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on those kids success. Those calves were a small price to pay - and worth every nickel. The kids will never forget it.

backhoeboogie":3aacbdyj said:
Caustic Burno":3aacbdyj said:

You'd best get in front of a mirror and do a thorough self-check. Sounds as if you have a "1-800-sucker" tatoo :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on those kids success. Those calves were a small price to pay - and worth every nickel. The kids will never forget it.

My 16 old granddaughter plays me like a fiddle and I know it.
She runs and hugs me everytime and says Pa Pa I love you so much.
That is when the time lock unlocks the wallet.
She is the one operating the hay rake when I need help.
She never ask for anything. I am the one asking if she needs or wants anything.

Like I said this one has me figured out so far I have been lucky and she hasn't taught the other ones as I am ate up with grand daughters.

Caustic Burno":dobtb1za said:

Like I said this one has me figured out so far I have been lucky and she hasn't taught the other ones as I am ate up with grand daughters.

She sounds like a keeper.

i'm a little out numbered here as well with women in the house.

Glad the young ones did well at the show.

I'm glad to see you are not the only one who lost some calves due to those tail wagging varmints. Went to the show last week and watched them sell and sell they did. Top $ pig brought $9.00/lb. a good bit more than the grand champion. Seems I got a weakness in this area and stayed around and added some money to the grand champion to even things up. Ended up walking out with two of them and two cakes. We had a great time and I know the kids did.

Caustic, I only have one grand daughter and know exactly where you are coming from. She already has college plans and plans for old pops while she is going to college.
Isn't it great to have grand kids that you can be proud off?

Caustic Burno":nf6m0wvh said:
Went to watch the grandkids show there hogs yesterday oldest granddaughter took reserve in her class and in showmanship. Grandson took third in his class. Seven year old grandaughter took first in showmanship.

Congrats!

We go this Saturday to buy pigs for our County fair in July. Your post reminded me I need to go work on them pens. We still have some cold days and nights here and these domestic hogs are not like them wild ones you guys have. They get sick at the drop of a hat.

Congratulations C B , You'll be even prouder when they show those calves at the fair next year , win or lose. My grandchildren live out of state but I keep hoping they'll be back some day. I'd gladly lose a few calves to see them show at the fair.

Caustic Burno":r1ykubvh said:

Congratulations to the grandkids, and good for you! :D :clap: :clap:

Caustic Burno":1i76jr4d said:

Congradulations to you and the little fellers. Seems they sure are good at making us ol Granpappy's Proud and spending some of those ol greenback's. But it's worth every bit of it.I can set back and watch them little fellers all day long.

Cal

Latest posts