Protein tub

Help Support CattleToday:

Hogtiming

Reaction score
What cooked tub is everyone using? I use to use crystalyk 103 per 200 pound tub very high. Currently using cpc 250 lb tub for 90

Tried them all. Gave up on them all. Too expensive. Trying feed instead and hoping it will save money. Don't know yet. That's on the fall calvers.
But we tested our hay at one farm and the protein and TDM? was very good and since they are spring calvers, that group of cows is getting only hay and doing real good. Had I not tested the hay, I'd be throwing money away right now on either tubs or feed.

Years ago before tubs and premix feed I mixed and used the following.
200lb white salt
200lb soybean meal
100lb of distillers grain
100lb mag oxide
100lb 24/12 vitamin and mineral
50lb calcium
Gave it free choice for several winters and seemed to get by ok. The cost now is 1/3 the cost of tubs.
Add some dry molasses if they don't take to it quick.

kenny thomas":36ug6fq1 said:
200lb white salt
200lb soybean meal
100lb mag oxide
50lb calcium
Gave it free choice for several winters and seemed to get by ok. The cost now is 1/3 the cost of tubs.
The last few years I have fed 1/3 ddg 1/3 salt 1/3 corn. Sometime they ate it like candy and sometimes they left it for awhile. Never could get an average intake per day. The cpc tub cost me average .18 per cow per day.

Purina Rangeland 30-13 for $92. I believe they are 225 or 250lbs. To dang high but the convenience at the new farm we bought is what we are after at the moment.

kenny thomas":194ugrbg said:
200lb white salt
200lb soybean meal
100lb mag oxide
50lb calcium
With just a very few changes you can knock another $30 a ton off the cost and improve the feed at the smae time.

TexasBred":1sbo4jc7 said:
kenny thomas":1sbo4jc7 said:
200lb white salt
200lb soybean meal
100lb mag oxide
50lb calcium
With just a very few changes you can knock another $30 a ton off the cost and improve the feed at the smae time.
Please tell me. I'm always looking for ideas

kenny thomas":1sczeitz said:
200lb white salt
200lb soybean meal
100lb mag oxide
50lb calcium

Tubs are the highest price source of protein you can buy here.
Wouldn't take long to turn red cows to blue ones.
Feeding 1-1-1 one corn, CSM and salt with 5 gallons of molasses 16% protein 300 a ton.

Latest posts