Protein Percent

Help Support CattleToday:

wade

Reaction score
I am going to feed out 4 steers and 1 heifer to butcher this fall. Going to buy some whole corn and soybean meal. I have a grinder mixer. What percent protein am I looking to mix?

wade":1sbi6okq said:
I am going to feed out 4 steers and 1 heifer to butcher this fall. Going to buy some whole corn and soybean meal. I have a grinder mixer. What percent protein am I looking to mix?
Why not just buy a good high quality complete feed at around 11% crude protein and not mess with the mixing etc.

TexasBred":3s7oyc2x said:
wade":3s7oyc2x said:
Why not just buy a good high quality complete feed at around 11% crude protein and not mess with the mixing etc.

Could be he just wants an excuse to use the grinder.

TennesseeTuxedo":27y8goj6 said:
TexasBred":27y8goj6 said:
wade":27y8goj6 said:

Could be he just wants an excuse to use the grinder.

with that comes a since of satisfaction and accomplishment that far out weighs the cost!

Now if he had to make 5 or 6 mill fulls a day like when I was a kid, he would probably never want to see a feed mill again.

M5farm":25nsltji said:
with that comes a since of satisfaction and accomplishment that far out weighs the cost!

Now if he had to make 5 or 6 mill fulls a day like when I was a kid, he would probably never want to see a feed mill again.
Use to have to hand shell 6 five gallon buckets full of corn every night, fill the buckets with water then feed the soured corn to the hogs the next night. Got to where I knew almost how many ears to shuck. I still hate ear corn to this day.

Chuckie":39q6sg5d said:
Yeah, but those were the good ole days. :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2: Yeah right....Dad often reminded me how easy I had it. (compared to his childhood and I'm sure he was telling the truth).

Latest posts