Protein tubs worth putting out

Help Support CattleToday:

When my hay men told me they couldn't provide hay like they did last 2 years and have enough for them selves I cut back on cows just to help make it through this winter my cows still grazing grass for now but it ain't gonna last much longer

DCA farm":2fexd52y said:
When my hay men told me they couldn't provide hay like they did last 2 years and have enough for them selves I cut back on cows just to help make it through this winter my cows still grazing grass for now but it ain't gonna last much longer

Tubs in no way replace hay or grass, just supplement it in a labor free package.
Tubs really shine at getting cows to graze dry grass. But you still gotta have grass.

DCA farm":2rp72c4d said:

You need range meal or cubes if your short on hay. I don't know about your area both are available in bulk here.
I prefer range meal free choice to stretch hay.
Grit was discussing supplement as well in another thread. This is why location is important, what's available here is not there and vice versa

Got plenty of hay haven't started feeding any yet actually my cows still eating on a pasture I pulled them off of in July to let it stock pile the others pastures I planted somebon winter wheat and rye grass and just over seeded some more. I just noticed my neighbor down the road had the tubs out along with hay.

If you have the time and ability to hand supplement, then tubs are just expensive plastic tubs.
But when feeding daily is not possible, then tubs become more cost effective to use, but still not the cheapest.

$.95+ per pound of protien, is by far not cheap.

sim.-ang.king":276iufny said:
If you have the time and ability to hand supplement, then tubs are just expensive plastic tubs.
But when feeding daily is not possible, then tubs become more cost effective to use, but still not the cheapest.

$.95+ per pound of protien, is by far not cheap.

Liquid is .35 here delivered to site.

We use Purina Accuration tubs to round out any deficiencies we might have, so far the herd is going at them slowly. I think they are definitely a good thing and will help your herd stay healthy.

Latest posts