Prolapse?

Help Support CattleToday:

Choked her out, and worked quick. Nabbed a shoe lace from daughter, and popped in one stitch. Anybody wants to pass harsh judgement, all I'll say is desperate times call for desperate measures.

Well, that's what you get for going to church. You must have told the big fella something he did not want to hear.

Looks like you did a good job Bigfoot. If your not around when she calves it will soon pull through and do very little damage that heals well in that area.

Ken

jerry27150":20d5kv29 said:
good luck, one stitch that far out on lip will usually tear out. 2 stitches with cross into thicker skin works better

I didn't have quit 60 seconds from start to finish, and little to work with. I've made 2 attempts at helping her, and her disposition is so bad you can't do what you need to do. If this ends up the death of her, then I'll have no trouble making peace with it.

She calved on her own last night, and busted that stitch with out my help. Calf has sucked, but now she is 3 legged lame on a front foot. It's been like riding a see saw with this old cow.

Had a vaginal prolapse last spring, the vet put a aluminum spike with a plastic washer through the vaginal wall and to the outside. Used a hairpin clip to hold it in place. She calved without a problem. A week later we took the spike out and she's still good. Don't know what this spring will bring.

turklilley":271yw841 said:
Had a vaginal prolapse last spring, the vet put a aluminum spike with a plastic washer through the vaginal wall and to the outside. Used a hairpin clip to hold it in place. She calved without a problem. A week later we took the spike out and she's still good. Don't know what this spring will bring.

I have used those spikes myself on a limited basis when in practice and found them to be very good. Two can be used, one on each side on bad ones but one is usually all that is necessary. They have no affect on birth canal.

Ken

Latest posts