Problems registering cattle after sale.

Help Support CattleToday:

Pdmcgowan

Reaction score
I was a reluctant herdsman for a registered Angus farm. After dispersal of herd I connected with main purchaser of the herd and he wanted help with the transfer of animals. I agreed to help.
After 11 months of going back and forth I've only been able to transfer eleven cattle. Every time we make head way into the process we've got roadblocks from the family. I'm basically being used at this moment as a personal attendant to the owners wife and she keeps dragging this process along. The husband is bowing out because he's mentally unable to assist.
During the auction it was made clear that cows would be sold as purebred with possibilty of being registered. The sales barn and me agreed that it would work best because we anticipated this problem.
My question is. If I in fact know the original owners have all the original required paperwork to register and personally conducted the breeding and calving. Is there a way to force them to release the information? I'm exhausted with this process and want this to end. We've thrown so much at the process that I'm ready to stop digging the hole.

If they want to stay in the association they will respond to a letter or call from the rep or the office. And you could get the male owner to give you the right to do the paperwork as an added person.

Dispersals can often come with a lot of baggage including but not limited to certificate transfers. If nearly a year has passed without resolution its likely none will be achieved. Buyer beware.

76 Bar said:
Dispersals can often come with a lot of baggage including but not limited to certificate transfers. If nearly a year has passed without resolution its likely none will be achieved. Buyer beware.

Papers come with all of mine Scott 1000. I quit the registration game after decades it became a money pit and a windfall for the association.
It wasn't about better cattle it was about how many ways can we skin it IMO. There was so much data collection required all it was leading to was falsified records. It was about selling paper.
I ended up right where I started 50 years ago.

Latest posts