Problem with heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

ousoonerfan22

Reaction score
A friend set up 25 angus heifers for 7 day TAI but one of the heifers we couldn't get a cidr in so we tried again this morning with no luck. The cidr only goes in about 3-4 inches then stops against what feels like something solid??? What could be the problem?
We had a few that squeezed up when inserting the cidr but they would relax and then the cidr would go in but not this heifer.
Anybody ever have this problem with a heifer?

My friend did said he couldn't find the cervix?
Called the vet and he said bring her over and he would try or let the bull breed her but I think the bull would break his penis trying to breed this heifer.

Look at her vulva, is it full like the others or thin? Is it shaped the same? Look at her udder. Is there anything there or does she have tiny pebbles for teats?
If he can't find the cervix my guess is either freemartin or your buddy hasn't been in very many(and I don't mean that as an insult).

My buddy just attended an AI class about a month ago so he hasn't been in but a few heifers and cows.

Some friends of ours had one like that. Several of us tried and nobody could get it in. We gave up on her.

Latest posts