Probiotics

Help Support CattleToday:

jagerbeef

Reaction score
I usually use probios but am wondering if anyone has any experience with the ones that the semen companies sell? I can get the genex and select sires brands or should I just stick with the probios?

They probably don't do any harm, but I've never really seen any firm evidence that they're all that helpful.
Have never used them, for that reason.

We have starting using a product called "Cellarator Turbo" when we wean our calves. It is a 3-in-1 fast acting paste that delivers a very high level of microbials (2.5 billion CFU's per 10cc) that we feel will increase beneficial bacteria levels, which has been proven to make it more difficult for pathogens to colonize in the gut. That, along with the electrolytes, we feel helps these cattle during times of stress. For what it costs per dose, we feel it is an effective way to keep these cattle on feed and helps them during the stressful weaning process.

When we've had older calves that we've had to treat for long periods with antibiotics we use them or in a fairly yong calf that gets scours. The stuff in a tube sure beats trying to steal the cud from another animal and giving it to them. Before the stuff they have no, that was how we did it.

I use powder Probios if I need to increase a calves appetite for a grain, and on my cattle going to shows. It does really help when they get diarrhea being away from home.
I do not know anything about the other brands, I only use the all stock one in the blue and white can that you can order from Valley Vet or pick up at Tractor Supply.
Check the labels and compare ingredients maybe.

Latest posts