Probably Stupid, But Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp

Reaction score
My 2nd dog was put down last September due to severe pain as a result of arthritis and hip dysplasia - the Rimadyl wasn't controlling it, and I couldn't see the sense in increasing the dosage when it would also increase the potential of destroying her liver, kidneys, and stomach. I was with her when she was put down, and Dad buried her. Sugarbear had a habit of playing with my bed covers her entire life - she would push them back between her back legs, spin and push them around some more - she really got a kick out of wadding them up with her front feet(it didn't help that I would get so tickled at her antics, that I laughed while she was doing this). Since she has been gone, I've gone into my bedroom and found my bedcovers wadded up on several occasions - beginning about 3 days after she was put down. I make my bed almost every morning to keep the blowsand and dirt out it, and she was my only dog who liked to wad them up. Additionally, Huck - my remaining dog - has come hightailing it to me, shaking like a leaf, on occasion and literally climbing into my lap - he does not do this under normal conditions. This has happened maybe 5 times in the last few months. His shaking does not always coincide with my bedcovers being wadded up, but it does occasionally. I'm an a total loss as to how to explain these events. Do you believe in ghosts?

i believe in "ghosts" but more like spirits and energies than a ghost ghost. i also believe that every living being has a soul. it seems to me as well that beings that have passed have a way of making it back to you. have you ever lost a pet and sometime later another one shows up and you have a sense of familiarity with that animal?

now for possible debunks: it could be that your other dog has taken up laying in the bed. maybe he misses his friend or maybe he can get up there now b/c the other more dominant(?) dog is gone? maybe it has been colder and he just is getting up there more. most dogs will turn in circles and prepare a bed to lay in. for the shaking maybe the dog is sensitive to gunfire, thunder, or other activity like earthquakes and stuff. maybe he gets scared while you are not there and the bed comforts him b/c it smells like you.

you never hear much about animal ghosts. but why not? do you ever get the feeling that the dog you lost is 'there'?

Beefy":7wywkujv said:
i believe in "ghosts" but more like spirits and energies than a ghost ghost.

Good point, and bad choice of words on my part.

i also believe that every living being has a soul. it seems to me as well that beings that have passed have a way of making it back to you. have you ever lost a pet and sometime later another one shows up and you have a sense of familiarity with that animal?

Yes, I also believe that every living being has a soul. No, I have never experienced a sense of familiarity with another animal that showed up following the death of a pet.

now for possible debunks: it could be that your other dog has taken up laying in the bed. maybe he misses his friend or maybe he can get up there now b/c the other more dominant(?) dog is gone?

Good points, but Huck has always had access to the bed, laid/slept in it regularly, and he was dominant. Sugarbear would not cross Huck - ever. Yes, he misses her. He had never been seperated from her since the day they were born. He now goes with me whenever possible because he tends to freak if he is seperated from me. I'm also having problems getting Huck to eat since Sugarbear was put down. But, all of these occurances happened when I was here. I would be doing whatever in another part of the house, Huck wanted to go out, and I have to go past my bedroom on the way to letting him out. The first time I found the bedcovers like that, I was pretty darn close to flipping out myself. I had made the bed that morning, and they were halfway down the bed and all balled up. Huck has never, ever messed with the bedcovers.

maybe it has been colder and he just is getting up there more. most dogs will turn in circles and prepare a bed to lay in. for the shaking maybe the dog is sensitive to gunfire, thunder, or other activity like earthquakes and stuff. maybe he gets scared while you are not there and the bed comforts him b/c it smells like you.

Huck is an American Eskimo - he has the fur coat from hell, and it takes a whole lot for him to get cold. He revels in rolling in the snow, rooting it around, and will lay in it for hours while he is waiting for me to finish something. He also tends to prefer either curling up with his head on my pillow, or sleeping under the bed where it is cooler - rather than making a bed in my bed. No gunfire, no thunder, and no earthquakes that I know of - plus, he is not freaked out by storms, or much of anything else. He does freak when I'm not here, but I've been taking him with me whenever possible since Sugarbear was put down. He spends very little time alone, and all of these occurances have happened several hours after I got back home.

you never hear much about animal ghosts. but why not? do you ever get the feeling that the dog you lost is 'there'?

Yes, I do. I have the distinct feeling that Sugarbear and Cia are both 'here'. I know how that sounds, and I haven't gone off my rocker - it is just what I feel.

don't believe in ghost but I do beleive in angels and demons

Msscamp,

I'm not nearly as leery of the possibility of spirits and entities as I used to be. I used to scoff at the very notion, but no so much anymore.

Have you made your bed then immediately taken Huck with you and after while come back to find the bed covers bundled up? If that's the case...well, that would certainly get my attention. :shock:

I'm just wondering what upsets Huck to a point that he's shaking and crawling into you lap. If he and Sugarbear were close, I would think he'd be kind of comforted about her "presence." And, maybe soon he will be, if that's what's going on here.

Question...do have any cats in the house?

Alice

I believe that your dog(s) that have passed are there trying to comfort you and give you a sign of their presence. Your animals know how much you loved them. This may last a very long time or may stop at any given time. I have no first hand experiance with this but it is what I believe.

No, but this sounds like the kind of thing that alot of people would do just to mess with somebody.

Larry

Wife had a cat that got a big kick out of jumping on the bed and running across it. He died, but continued to jump on the bed and run across it. This went on for some time.

I don't think there is any significant reason they are around. It was just home to them and can continue to be.

Alice":27bnz3pt said:
Msscamp,

I'm not nearly as leery of the possibility of spirits and entities as I used to be. I used to scoff at the very notion, but no so much anymore.

Well, that makes 3 people who don't think I'm looney tunes. :lol: Thank you. :)

Have you made your bed then immediately taken Huck with you and after while come back to find the bed covers bundled up? If that's the case...well, that would certainly get my attention. :shock:

We were both in the house, but we were in the living room - I was watching tv, and Huck was sleeping on his pillow beside me.

I'm just wondering what upsets Huck to a point that he's shaking and crawling into you lap. If he and Sugarbear were close, I would think he'd be kind of comforted about her "presence." And, maybe soon he will be, if that's what's going on here.

I'm not sure. I don't know if he can 'see' her, or if he just senses a presence. He has not been himself since she died - he's been timid, fearful, and completely freaked out if I left him alone for any length of time. He's starting to come out of it a little bit, but he's got a ways to go before he's back to his old self.

Question...do have any cats in the house?

No. There have been no cats in the house for better than 2 years.

Alice

larryshoat":33vjml2o said:
No, but this sounds like the kind of thing that alot of people would do just to mess with somebody.

Larry

I can absolutely understand why you would think that, but I'm not trying to mess with anyone.

MPR, your beliefs crossed my mind as well. Thank you. :)

Ryder, you bring up a good point, also. Thank you. :)

msscamp":i1qf5w87 said:
larryshoat":i1qf5w87 said:

Larry

I can absolutely understand why you would think that, but I'm not trying to mess with anyone.

I don't think Larry was implying that you were trying to mess with someone. I think he was wondering if there was someone who was trying to mess with you...

Alice

If there'd been cats in the house, then that could've been an explanation. And, since Huck was with you when the covers got rumpled, that lets him out.

Bless Huck's heart...if and when he realizes it's his buddy, he'll calm down. I'll be interested if Huck's personality changes...

Msscamp, I'm not being facitious here. You know what's going on in your house, and if there aren't any explanations, then...well...at least you've got the guts to admit it!

Someday I'll tell you about an experience I had with a Ouija board that scared the honk outta me! At least, Sugarbear is one of the good guys!

Alice

Alice":3oywcq7f said:
msscamp":3oywcq7f said:
larryshoat":3oywcq7f said:

Larry

I don't think Larry was implying that you were trying to mess with someone. I think he was wondering if there was someone who was trying to mess with you...

Alice

Good point, and one I had not considered. My doors are always locked when I'm home - I lived too long in a big city, I guess. Larry would have no way of knowing that, though. My bad. :oops:

OHHHH! I got a chill reading your post. I really think that would completely freak me out. I've never had any thing happen that there were no other reasons to happen so I can't say for sure either way but I do believe there is more out there then we are able to see/comprehend.

I heard BearDogs tags rattle for months after I had to have him put down. We are all energy,energy changes,but never dissapers.

Strange things happen around here all the time.It would curl your hair.It doesn't bother me anymore but still freaks my husband out once and a while and the new dog.

have you ever lost a pet and sometime later another one shows up and you have a sense of familiarity with that animal?

I believe my cat is my old scotch collie Tibidoe.I think it is the reason I was even drawn to this place.Plus I hated cats, my dogs hated cats and my husband hated cats.We all met the Kit Kat once and it was like we had known him forever.Very weird.Him and Steffie (my border who kills cats) are best friends they even sleep together.Just like her and Tibidoe did. :?: :?:

Alice":ej41komr said:
Someday I'll tell you about an experience I had with a Ouija board that scared the honk outta me! At least, Sugarbear is one of the good guys!

Alice
DO Not, I repeat, Do Not mess with those things. They can attract cerain "things" you DO NOT want around.

Latest posts