Pro Bull Riders

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
[youtube]t3iutVZZSHM&hl[/youtube]

Hey, all you Pro Bull Riding fans, check out the PBR Built Ford Tough Series on Versus. Next weekend's Tour event is in Albuquerque, NM.

If the t-shirts and DVDs get in we'll have a pick the winner contest. :cboy:

http://www.versus.com/bulls

Last night they were playing Kansas city again.

When are they making the switch to RFDTV?

some of the new young bulls are really tremedous athletes. Saw one on Saturday night that the commentators correctly said probably would have jumped over a ford super duty.

pdfangus":23rgz7vm said:
That's not the PBR, that's Championship Bull Riding, a whole nother outfit and different riders. I thought the same thing when RFD first started hyping it.

fit2btied":txd2jasd said:
pdfangus":txd2jasd said:
That's not the PBR, that's Championship Bull Riding, a whole nother outfit and different riders. I thought the same thing when RFD first started hyping it.

Didn't catch that....Thanks for clarifying...

But championship is like the triple a level baseball is to the major leagues.

PBR is the top 45 or so ranked riders and some come up and some slip down in league based on the ranking.

Saturday night one young fellow who had just come up to PBR made a real good ride on one of the young bulls and they were interviewing him. He said that the PBR guys were having trouble (which they were) because they didn't know these bulls. He said we been riding these bulls at Championship.

I am still an Adriano Fan.

talented athlete and seems to be an all around nice guy.

Never see him storming off and throwing things because he fell off. He gets up smiles and reloads. :cowboy:

I hate to say it but I think Marchi is going to take it all this year unless he gets hurt. Some folks wonder if he does get hurt will he be able to ride through it. I think yes.

Justin McBride is my favorite though. I hope he gets back on soon but I hope he doesn't try to come back too soon.

I like bull riding, but don't get to watch it much. I used to like watching Fred Boettcher. Is he still riding? If so, how is he doing?

I watched Sunday and Marchi drew a third bull that was a dud. He made a ride but the bull didn't do much so he only scored in the low 70's.

He was offered a reride and he declined. Now he had been three for three and was in real good shape points wise and still 2000 points up in the seson standings. There was one guy left to ride that if he made a ride would win that particular event. The next guy made a good ride and won with Marchi placing second but still on top of the points standings.

Commentators were blistering in their critizism of him for not riding to win.

I think it is much smarter to take a long term view. He had made three rides. His points lead was not in jeporady. he finished second in the event. He did not get killed trying to ride a fourth bull that he may or may not have ridden for a score.

sometimes the cowboy up mentality is just a little bit too macho.

couple of years ago Adriano rode thru a whole season with a torn up knee. He didn't do worth a hoot that year but he rode all season, with every ride offering an opportunity to totally blow out the bad knee from a bad dismount.

I know you have to be unafraid to ride bulls in the first place, but sometimes the push is across the line into abject stupidity.

Yeah, I watched it also. I think Marchi was looking at the big picture. He was guaranteed 2nd after his last ride. If he had taken a re-ride and got dumped he could have finished 5th or 6th I think it was. He also may have thought LJ wouldn't ride the bull he had.

Hindsight is 20/20 like they said. I think he did the right thing personally.

Dave":1lylreqe said:
The trouble with the PBR is it is just bull riders. I really enjoy watching a good bucking horse.

Not me.... not no mo.....

I seen too many and the last one busted two ribs for me. I am officially too old to enjoy any of that behavior from any equine.

I can enjoy bull riding because I can proudly say that while I have done many a stupid thing......
I have never been stupid enough to climb up on a two thousand pound bull for excitement.
I have had cows get me down and walk on me and that was much too exciting without me trying to get a bull to do it.

I said I like watching a good bucking horse. I have watched lots of good and even a few great bucking horses from the top and bottom angle but it has been a few year. I have even spent a short time on the back of a few bulls. Now that I am just in the watching portion of my life, bulls get boring after a while. I never get tired of watching Kessler's or Calgary Stampede or .... a good string of bucking horses.

Well, they didn't send us the free T-shirts they said they would. I'll never learn.
So I'll just un-pin this topic and let it drift down.

They had some rank bulls last night. I couldn't believe Adriano picked the baddest bull in the pen. All he does these days is jump off. I know this is his last year but he needs to go ahead and get out IMHO and let someone in who deserves to be there.

Latest posts