Priefert S04 or WWBeefmaster XL-2VG

Help Support CattleToday:

I prefer our Priefert over our Titan because it's easier for me to use (even though I don't use the auto head gate) although the Titan is more heavy-duty, has a palp cage, breast plate, etc - and the head gate is made by Priefert. Preifert is more economical but does the job just fine & accommodates everything from calves to bulls. So consider who's using it based on height, weight, strength . . my husband prefers the Titan but he's 6'5" & outweighs me by 115 lbs. (he hits his head on the Preifert levers allll the time). That said, I've heard a lot of great things about the WW but have no 1st hand experience. Good luck!

I have no experience with Beefmaster and no dealers in my area, but have been around Priefert and I really like there auto/manual catch system with lock system. If your only working a few head of cows their S04 or SO191 would be a good option in my opinion.

I am getting ready to replace our old Tarter chute (POS) and have been looking at the Priefert SC13 with Auto/Manual head catch and the Sioux Steel. I really like the Sioux Steel for many reasons especially since the chute and preg-cage are built together as one unit. It weights a little over 2000 lbs (with rumble pad and brisket bar installed) and has things I really like, but I am torn because I don't like their auto head catch system.

The Preifert SC13 is suppose to be a heavy duty chute and comes with the auto/manual head catch. I like the head catch because it swings wide open to fit any cow, calf, or bull that walks through it without having to pull pins and slide bars and I really like that. The locks are also guaranteed for life, so that is another plus not mention my wife can help operate the chute. However, I don't think the rest of the Priefert chute is as heavily built as the Sioux, not to mention the preg-cage is a separate system. I guess being two pieces isn't a deal killer for most people, I just would just prefer a one piece unit if I could find the right set up. Maybe Priefert could could put their head catch on Sioux.. :clap:

Anyone had any experience with either of these two chutes that can speak of the durability of them when working larger cattle and bulls. I want something that will last long till I'm gone. I now see that Sioux has a manual head catch, but nothing like the Prieferts, if anyone has this type of set up I would love to hear your comments on how it works.

Latest posts