Prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

Iowa77

Reaction score
Just wondering what you all thought of the cattle prices? I have noticed at the Sale barns that the prices are still going way up for 500 to 600 pound cattle and the futures are at 9 weeks lows. Have we hit a bubble in the market or just a little bump to higher prices? anyone?

I have noticed a slump in the quantity of calves under 500 lbs. Prices are still high and seem to be getting slightly higher each week.

Bubble??? I was thinking that a few years back. It has yet to develop but I'm sure will rear it's head soon. I have a Stock Cow herd and also buy feeder Cattle. If I didn't have my cows to give me some calve's of my own. I'd never be buying feeder calves to fill my yards out. Look at the numbers!! Not a lot of room for profit (with buying the feeder's) anyway you look at it.

I sold a load of Fat's three weeks ago. I don't know if you can go by this but the buyer told me to try to clean up what you can by April. He thinks this is going to fall apart. Who know's????

I'm going to the Sale Barn today. I'll let you know what the prices are going for Cattle.

Ron

I typically don't trust anyone with the title "Cattle Buyer", "Horse Trader", "Car Salesman" or "Realtor".

yesterday we sold 46 Steers. and 11 heifers.

They averaged out to about 738$ per head.

They where all well Back Grounded the Heavest Steer Weighed around 900. but the Worst heifer in the Bunch Brought the most Money per pound.

Why is it that Guys will pay More for the poorer Cattle Than they Are Willing to Pay for Good Fat Steers?

Where new to Cattle Here in America did it in Ireland For years. this Was are first Calves we Sold here.

RedAngus121":3c21n0ma said:
Why is it that Guys will pay More for the poorer Cattle Than they Are Willing to Pay for Good Fat Steers?
Because those guys want to make some money, too. Once you get 'em fat, you've already gotten the cheapest gains.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":4us35ew1 said:
I *deleted* when that happened.
looloo.gif

All of the Are Calves where put there the Sure health Program. Witch has we just learned kind of a joke.

We could of sold are Calves at the Local Sales barn and have not Spent all the money on the Vet. and probly have gotten the Same amount of Money.

Latest posts