Price of Bullets

Help Support CattleToday:

john s

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
Not sure if its true in your area, But Two dealers near me have said The price of all Bullets are gonna double as of April First. I have quite a stash but have been trying to get More. Just a heads up have a good Day!!

I have not heard that but doesn't surprise me .. but my question is fine you are gonna double prices but whens there gonna be stock of the bullets ?

It may pay to shop around. Ammo prices have gone up a bit, but I've heard of nothing that would indicate they would double. The only examples of this that I've personally seen have been gun shows, where dealers are taking advantage of the situation to inflate their profits. For the most part, prices have remains pretty close to what they were a year ago, though most stores have limited supply. From what I've heard, ammo manufacturers will be getting caught up and supplies should be getting better around May or June.

Around here things are back to what ever normal is, prices steady and ammo in stock.

Is there any reason for the doubling in price on 4/1? Other than April's fools.

I refuse to pay those prices and have done so for a couple of years now. I have always had plenty and have never wasted any. I am probably good for 4 more dove seasons. 10 more deer seasons. And a few of this and that in between.

I am hoping I never need any handgun ammo. If I do, hades has frozen over. Aint no way I could use all that I have.

I was at the local best gun store yesterday Green Top Sporting Goods and at Bass pro the week before.

yesterday I did find a box of home defense for 32.00. that was ten colt 45 hollow points and ten 410 home defense rounds in one box. i call it the Judge special....I bought a box.

handgun shelves were pretty much devoid of ammo....no 357or mag...no 38 spec...no 44 mag....no 9mm and no 22 of any sort...no they did have some few boxes of shorts....no 223 but both stores had some 270....

both stores seemed to be doing a fire sale business on guns though. Green Top was as busy as I have ever seen it. Moving to the bigger store seemed to be a good thing...

greybeard":348sl2hp said:
Don't know how old this is, but According to this website, it is May 1st--not April 1. I think it is just rumor. Perhaps intentional to drum up more buying.

http://secondamendmentoutfitters.com/am ... es-coming/

Well 20% is better than 100%, that I can believe. Manufacturers are taken advantage of the run on ammo and bumping the prices. Just as the oil companies do every time there is an excuse for an oil shortage. Unfourtantly the only folks to blame is all of us that made a run on ammo after obama's speech on gun restrictions. :?

Alan":1ya27ayc said:
Unfourtantly the only folks to blame is all of us that made a run on ammo after obama's speech on gun restrictions. :?
No, I still blame it all on politicians. :D There has been alot of talk here(and I think? at least two state bills) about requiring the same background check and waiting period to buy ammunition as there is for guns. :frowns: California being California, it might just happen. So I did the same thing everyone else is doing and bought everything I could get my hands on. In fact I'm expecting a few hundred rounds today. ;-)

Alan":35ap7647 said:
greybeard":35ap7647 said:
Manufacturers are taken advantage of the run on ammo and bumping the prices. Just as the oil companies do every time there is an excuse for an oil shortage. Unfourtantly the only folks to blame is all of us that made a run on ammo after obama's speech on gun restrictions. :?
It's the retailers that are jacking up the prices. You can still find ammo for normal prices.

Latest posts