Price for cutting and baling hay

Help Support CattleToday:

I been charging $16 an acre to cut and $16 a bale to bale, some charge more a few less.

I cut and rake. I have one farmer who charges $6.25 per roll and another farmer who charges $10 per roll. Both are 5 X 5 rolls. Depends on which farm I'm at on which farmer I use.

20-25, Personally , I would sweeten it some , for a share , but as you said he's not willing so I would gravitate higher .

This poor guy has been kicked in the teeth, plus I'm his boss in our regular 9-5, errrrr...0630 to whenever, jobs. This week his wife had a miscarriage and on the same day, his father passed away. It's been a rough year for him and his family. Plus, he's helped me out of a jam a time or two with my cows, so I'm going to cut him a little bit of a break. I'll still make a little $$$.

I started and finished this job this weekend. Now I've got to get on my stuff this week. I've got about 160 acres that I need to get cut, raked and baled in the next 2-3 weeks. My full time job is cutting into my ability to get all of this done!!