Price for Baling Hay

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, what we need is range on Crown (gov't) land like a lot of others around here have... price for grazing that? $2.50 per cow calf pair, per MONTH... i can't feed those hayburners for a day for that.. it would be nice to be able to get rid of them for 2 months in the summer, I could get about 50% more hay.. it would probaby mean that instead of a max of 25 head, we would be able to hold 40.... and for less work

I realize that those of you residing in Canada or the upper U.S. have an absolute need to feed hay. I am curious about the successful strategies of those living in more moderate climates for cutting down on the use of hay.

nap":1jq8z3uj said:
I realize that those of you residing in Canada or the upper U.S. have an absolute need to feed hay. I am curious about the successful strategies of those living in more moderate climates for cutting down on the use of hay.
The biggest reduction in hay usage for me is Mig but I wil never be able to not feed hay

The advantages for mig for me is being able to run more cows in the same amount of land and still feed the same amount of hay or less

There are some winters I have to feed more hay than others and some summers I have to feed hay also if we get into a drought

nap":2ri0jq0q said:
here in texas we usually feed hay from dec to mar thats 120 days.but the early freeze this year.an we started feeding hay in early nov.so we may feed hay 150 days this year.good thing we have close to 130 bales of hay left.

Latest posts