price dock for cows w/ringworm?

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
Got a few springers that I'm ready to sell at auction, and they've a pretty bad case of ringworm... will that affect their sale price? if so, how much will it affect it?

milkmaid":2zc8xbor said:
Got a few springers that I'm ready to sell at auction, and they've a pretty bad case of ringworm... will that affect their sale price? if so, how much will it affect it?

Probably. Buyers will dock you for anything they can, whether it's reasonable or not.

I think part of getting them ready would be to treat the ringworm.

No doubt, it will hurt significantly. Ring worm being contagious, some buyers may shy away. Especially if their at a sale where they can be a bit choosey.

Depending on how bad it is it will affect the price. On the other hand milk prices are going up fast so springers are in demand right now.

mnmtranching":24zxwt48 said:
I think part of getting them ready would be to treat the ringworm.

:lol: :p Yep. However, I just returned home on Wednesday and I'd like to sell them this coming Wednesday at the dairy sale. I don't think I can get that ringworm erradicated by then... but then I don't really know, either. (?) It went through my whole herd, and these are the last two to get it; it's almost gone on all the others.

This is the worst one a few weeks ago... she still looks about like this.

ringworm.jpg

That doesn't look to bad. And all good cattle people know that a little RW has nothing to do with the over all quality of the animal.
I think you you will do well at the sale.

dont want to hijack your thread or nothing, but i just have one little question. is it just me or do holstiens tend to get ringworm worse then beef?

Latest posts