Pretty Good Run Of It

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Finally had to put my favorite cow down this weekend, I know she was at least 26 years old. Bought her at the market in 1995 with a calf by her side, who knows how old she was before that. Never showed her age til about a month ago.

cfpinz said:
Finally had to put my favorite cow down this weekend, I know she was at least 26 years old. Bought her at the market in 1995 with a calf by her side, who knows how old she was before that. Never showed her age til about a month ago.

+1

Sold some Brimmer girls back in 011 drought in their twenties. Still dropping a calf every 12 months.

Nice. Glad you shared this with us. Never seen a cow in a horse blanket though, says allot about both of you. All good of course.

Caustic Burno said:
cfpinz said:

+1

Sold some Brimmer girls back in 011 drought in their twenties. Still dropping a calf every 12 months.
Those crossbreds hang around forever.lota staying power..really earn their keep...

Wow! She was an oldster for sure! Sorry to hear that her time was up. As others have said, I hope you were able to keep some of her genetics in the herd.

Mossy Dell said:
Was she a black baldie?

Pinzgauer cross I believe.

Sorry for your loss. It's not easy for losing an animal you had for so long time but knowing this that she's fortunate that she has a great caretaker.

farmerjan said:
Always sad to lose the good ones. Hope you have some of hers to carry on in your herd

Had a Brangus girl I bought from an little FFA girl at the county fair.
Paid way too much for her the Mrs. named her Baby and she was. Halter broke and followed you like a dog.
At 21 she had given us 19 bull calves not one heifer. She developed COD cystic ovarian disease from Lepto due to feral hogs in the stock ponds during the 2011 drought. Her teeth and BCS were still good the day she went to slaughter.

Caustic Burno said:
farmerjan said:
Always sad to lose the good ones. Hope you have some of hers to carry on in your herd

Paid way too much for her the Mrs. named her Baby and she was. Halter broke and followed you like a dog.
At 21 she had given us 19 bull calves not one heifer. She developed COD cystic ovarian disease from Lepto due to feral hogs in the stock ponds during the 2011 drought. Her teeth and BCS were still good the day she went to slaughter.

I wonder what the odds are, 19 for 19 on bull calves, that's incredible.

Caustic Burno said:
farmerjan said:

I wonder what the odds are, 19 for 19 on bull calves, that's incredible.

Latest posts