Pretty good one

Help Support CattleToday:

WOW!! You don't see them like that everyday! Very impressive, you say high fence so I assume he has been grooming that one for a few years and will likely charge a big trophy fee for it?

WOW!! You don't see them like that everyday! Very impressive, you say high fence so I assume he has been grooming that one for a few years and will likely charge a big trophy fee for it?
Ive wondered about trophy "hunting" and if it really is hunting. Guy not too far me from raises elk for this & gets paid a pretty penny. To me, if i was a hunter, getting one in the "wild" is better than paying thousands for a nice rack (*giggle*)

We had a local hunter at one time, that did not get his wild game-elk. So he wanted to buy a cow from us. Okay, no problem. Then he said he wanted to shoot it in the pasture since he didn't get to shoot an elk! No way were we going to allow that.

We had a local hunter at one time, that did not get his wild game-elk. So he wanted to buy a cow from us. Okay, no problem. Then he said he wanted to shoot it in the pasture since he didn't get to shoot an elk! No way were we going to allow that.
That would be an awful thing to ask of someone. Years ago when I had TV, I watched part of a program where they were auctioning off Bull Elk. Apparently some of these places that offer big game hunts buy the elk to bring in for their clients.

Pretty much... although I'm pretty sure that guy is a breeder more than a shooter...... I'm sure you could shoot him for the right price.

My younger sons wanted to go hunting but only had one day so they went to a game ranch. One wanted a goat and there was ONE goat so they spent the morning trailing the goat. The other son wanted a hog (this was obviously not in "hog country"). The owner said there were plenty of hogs since he had just brought in a dozen. So after the goat was bagged they went for hogs.

Unfortunately these hogs must have been 4-H hogs since they came running up to my sons and following them around. DS3 kept sending DS2 out to chase the hog far enough away that he could get a shot. He had a scope on his rifle and the pig kept running in too close! Finally DS2 resorted to throwing rocks at the pig to get him far enough away for DS3 to get a shot!

Ridiculous hunt but a really funny story. Will go down in our family history of ridiculous tales to tell.

Boys decided that paying to hunt a tame pig was never going to be repeated! No more game ranch hunts for them. LOL

Latest posts