Pretty good article that's not to political.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":1q02hahq said:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/08/05/heres-what-left-doesnt-get-about-america.html
Working hard is the key to success.

Good points. Especially, the point about division. But it avoided the biggest problem this nation faces - deficit spending and no one with any intentions of addressing it.

Bright Raven":5svsp2oh said:
True Grit Farms":5svsp2oh said:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/08/05/heres-what-left-doesnt-get-about-america.html

Good points. Especially, the point about division. But it avoided the biggest problem this nation faces - deficit spending and no one with any intentions of addressing it.

Very scary on the national debt and the countries deficit spending. If and when interest rates ever raise it will take a big chunk to service. Also I am still very concerned what the long term out come will be from reducing Corporate taxes from 35% to 21%. I bet the obligation get shoved off on the middle class therefore creating and even bigger gap.

Here are some of the biggest concerns......

https://www.isidewith.com/polls/economic

Bright Raven":2q5qp511 said:
True Grit Farms":2q5qp511 said:

Entitlements are a much bigger problem. The unfounded mandates will swallow us.

Time to slash Federal pensions. :)

Bright Raven":flhx5vnk said:
True Grit Farms":flhx5vnk said:

I thought the article addressed the deficit spending perfectly. Your not guaranteed anything, but yet those that don't work prosper off those that do.
He came to America with nearly nothing, just the promise that if he worked hard, he might—key word, might—be able to make a better life for himself. As he told me many times as a boy, "Nothing in this country is guaranteed, but hard work can take you far if you are willing to do it."

TennesseeTuxedo":wqpgna1s said:
Bright Raven":wqpgna1s said:
True Grit Farms":wqpgna1s said:

Don't discriminate I'm for slashing new Pensions of all kinds.

TennesseeTuxedo":2yxlzuuu said:
Bright Raven":2yxlzuuu said:
True Grit Farms":2yxlzuuu said:

It doesn't matter whether it is toothpaste, pensions, stealth bombers or condoms for The Don - it is the bottom line that matters. Plus, I doubt he uses condoms. :D

jltrent":3hf6jkpl said:
Bright Raven":3hf6jkpl said:
True Grit Farms":3hf6jkpl said:

Very scary on the national debt and the countries deficit spending. If and when interest rates ever raise it will take a big chunk to service. Also I am still very concerned what the long term out come will be from reducing Corporate taxes from 35% to 21%. I bet the obligation get shoved off on the middle class therefore creating and even bigger gap.

IMO a tax cut is counterproductive in a society that has to borrow money from foreign governments in order to fund it.

Only 3 ways to get out of debt.....
1. Spend less.
2. Make more.
3. Combine 1 & 2.

It's just like losing weight. Take in fewer calories than you burn, and weight loss happens. I really would like to know where the tipping point is...….

Dave Ramsey for President!

Bright Raven":3r9gd33n said:
jltrent":3r9gd33n said:
Bright Raven":3r9gd33n said:

IMO a tax cut is counterproductive in a society that has to borrow money from foreign governments in order to fund it.
That's just it. We don't 'have' to. We chose to.
federal spending

all govt spending. fed, state, county,local.

upload pics to internet

Farm Fence Solutions":2j4khl1m said:
1. Spend less.
2. Make more.
3. Combine 1 & 2.

It's just like losing weight. Take in fewer calories than you burn, and weight loss happens. I really would like to know where the tipping point is...….

IMO, the tipping point will be in sight when:

1. foreign governments reduce their purchases of US debt.

2. The US dollar is no longer the world reserve currency.

3. Interest rates are allowed to seek their own level based on inflation and erosion of buying power.

Fundamentals are obscured by US government manipulation of interest rates. The time value of money numbers suggest real wealth and buying power of the middle class has been eroding since the 1950s. There is a growing divide between the wealthy and the middle class. Current policy favors a growing divide. That is not politics - that is real economics.

when:
"2. The US dollar is no longer the world reserve currency."

All it will take is a serious threat or effort to replace USD..once that ball even begins to roll in the real world, it's all over.

Some/several groups or govts have discussed it, said they were going to, said it needed to be replaced, but really, thus far, no serious plan or attempt has been made. There will be no mistaking or question when a serious attempt is made.......we'll all know it immediately.

Bright Raven":2ddyvnte said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2ddyvnte said:
1. Spend less.
2. Make more.
3. Combine 1 & 2.

3. Interest rates are allowed to seek their own level based on inflation and erosion of buying power.

Fundamentals are obscured by US government manipulation of interest rates. The time value of money numbers suggest real wealth and buying power of the middle class has been eroding since the 1950s. There is a growing divide between the wealthy and the middle class. Current policy favors a growing divide. That is not politics - that is real economics.

Give me a 30 day warning before it happens, would ya? I'll need time to inspect the rigging and stock up on rice and beans, and barley and hops.

Bright Raven":15gi9kat said:
TennesseeTuxedo":15gi9kat said:
Bright Raven":15gi9kat said:

It doesn't matter whether it is toothpaste, pensions, stealth bombers or condoms for The Don - it is the bottom line that matters. Plus, I doubt he uses condoms. :D

Most don't with their wives.... or were you trying to alluded to this lady with a really unusual "surgery scar" and unverified accusations?

Wonder what surgery that was? Never seen a surgery incision made like that. Almost looks like those brands on the sex slaves. Hmmm.

Bright Raven":2vr3hdh9 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2vr3hdh9 said:
1. Spend less.
2. Make more.
3. Combine 1 & 2.

Some good points.

Latest posts