Pretty Cool around here,this morning

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0951.JPG

Frozen pump house and cistern..............good luck

it freezing here as well in north east tx.since your in the hill country your not used to a cold blast like this.good luck with your work this morning.

bigbull338":3n6b0nay said:
it freezing here as well in north east tx.since your in the hill country your not used to a cold blast like this.good luck with your work this morning.

You are sure right bigbull338,weather is usually mild around here,dang ice even has my cows slippin and slidin LOL...........good luck
PS I guess yall are pretty much at a stand still too ?

HAY MAKER":330ad33d said:
bigbull338":330ad33d said:

You are sure right bigbull338,weather is usually mild around here,dang ice even has my cows slippin and slidin LOL...........good luck
PS I guess yall are pretty much at a stand still too ?
yes it was 21 when i got up this morning.gates an stuff are frozen.you have to hitt the gates hard to open them.hayed an put feed out yesterday an the tractor was still easy to crank thank goodness.they say it should warm up here by monday.

Beautiful house. I like the rock with the tin roof. Nothing sounds quite as good as rain on a tin roof.

cfpinz

It is finally going to get cold here too it will be in the teens tonight Denver was really cold this last weekend in the single digits and negative at night

HAY MAKER":15clt3bq said:
IMG_0951.JPG

Frozen pump house and cistern..............good luck

It is BS here Snow/ICE/Rain/Sleet just pick the one you like.
Now if I could just get the wife to crank the tractor and pull it by the house until the cab warms up.

Caustic Burno":1237j7qf said:
Now if I could just get the wife to crank the tractor and pull it by the house until the cab warms up.

It is a refreshing 10 degrees here and a bit of a wind chill. I like the cold, hubby says it matches my heart.

But I did start the KW and back it up the drive for him last night.

Hope you southern folks are getting by alright. I am worried about Txag. She was complaining about her hands getting cold in the frigid temps back in november. I hope she doesn't get frost bite :roll:
I really hope she dug out the longhandles and extra carharts too!! OH, don't forget the 1500 grain thinsulate boots to keep your toes warm. I'm headed out to feed in a sweatshirt. ;-)

certherfbeef":15wvy56l said:
Caustic Burno":15wvy56l said:

It is a refreshing 10 degrees here and a bit of a wind chill. I like the cold, hubby says it matches my heart.

But I did start the KW and back it up the drive for him last night.

Hope you southern folks are getting by alright. I am worried about Txag. She was complaining about her hands getting cold in the frigid temps back in november. I hope she doesn't get frost bite :roll:
I really hope she dug out the longhandles and extra carharts too!! OH, don't forget the 1500 grain thinsulate boots to keep your toes warm. I'm headed out to feed in a sweatshirt. ;-)

Internet probabally froze at her house. There is nothing between here and the north pole but a three strand barb wire fence and the top two wires are down.

I guess we've been under kind of a bubble right here. Mostly dry roads yesterday and my wife called when she got to work this morning and reported that the roads were wet but no ice. The thermometer already says 31d and the ice patches we did have are puddles again.Z

man i like that house. see alot of those stone and tin roofed in that part of texas. what is the storey behind them and what kind of stone. if you dont mind me being nosey

ALACOWMAN":12c7gk25 said:
man i like that house. see alot of those stone and tin roofed in that part of texas. what is the storey behind them and what kind of stone. if you dont mind me being nosey

Thanks for the compliment ALACOWMAN,the house is one I built about 12 years ago,the rock is mined locally around here in the Hill country because it's plentiful,lots of houses and buildings built outa that ole Lime stone..............good luck
PS power has been out here all nite and is still off,tryin to get a fire going with wet wood frozen with an inch of ice on it has been fun,but I suppose we will get by,we just aint use to this kinda weather so never prepare for it.

ALACOWMAN":mttryssc said:

I'm trying to see what you are talking about. I quarry and sell limestone as another "hobby". There are several types of limestone available through-out Texas.

backhoeboogie":11met22v said:
ALACOWMAN":11met22v said:

I'm trying to see what you are talking about. I quarry and sell limestone as another "hobby". There are several types of limestone available through-out Texas.

Lots of quarry's here,in the triangle draw a line from Boerne to Comfort to sisterdale,back to Boerne I dont quarry any rock but have several neighbors that do,IM told the more yellow strains are the most sought after .................good luck

PS I have had a couple folks interested in quarrying rock on my place,just felt like the mess they make aint worth it,neighbor sez .............OH they are gonna clean every thing up when they are through,but I havent seen any one of them do that in all the years they been digging,makes quite a mess.

ALACOWMAN":39rjwocw said:
we have plenty of limestone here too. but most of the stone houses here or out of sandstone make for a pretty house though.

I bet it does,and probably pretty strong,believe that sandstone would be heavier than the Lime stone ? ...........good luck

Latest posts