Pretty Awesome!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Was working this weekend. It was also the towns yearly celebration.

Had a gentleman come in and just hand one of my co-workers a $10.00 bill. We both looked at him and I asked him if he needed ice or something. He said no.
This gentleman then went on to explain that he and his wife had come through during April and stopped to get some groceries. After they had left that day and had driven quite a distance they had stopped and went through their groceries and the receipt and discovered they had a large jar of honey that they had not been charged for.
He said since they could not turn around that day and come back they decided that when they came this way again he would pay for the honey.

We both thanked him for his honesty and I told him I just had to shake his hand in Thanks!

I called the owners right away and told them. They said we did not have to accept the money but by then he was already gone. They were both tickled and said that there are still great people out there.

What a great story! It does my heart good to know that we still have some good honest people left in our country. Thanks for sharing. That's the kind of news that we need to hear more often instead of all the negative things that we hear.

This just happened today! Just completely shocked the owner and everyone else.
She came up to me to tell me how she cannot believe what has happened for the second time!

In her hand is a small hand written letter and a $20.00 bill.
The person had written to say that after they had gotten their groceries they saw some maps at the end of the one till and took a few of them thinking they were free but upon getting home realized they were not and sent the money to cover the cost.
No return address was on the envelope.

Then there's the other side of the coin. Went into a fast food place the other day and got a snack and paid for it with a $50.00 bill. My change included the $50 I just handed her. Went back in line and very quietly told the young lady she gave me too much change, didn't want her to get in trouble with the manager. She started telling me pretty loudly that she did not give me too much back to the point the manager came over. The manager did a quick tally on the drawer and found it was under $50. The young lady at the counter treated me like a leper - not a single "thank you" or nothing. Go figure. Shoulda kept my mouth shut.

lavacarancher":37pyo38e said:
Then there's the other side of the coin. Went into a fast food place the other day and got a snack and paid for it with a $50.00 bill. My change included the $50 I just handed her. Went back in line and very quietly told the young lady she gave me too much change, didn't want her to get in trouble with the manager. She started telling me pretty loudly that she did not give me too much back to the point the manager came over. The manager did a quick tally on the drawer and found it was under $50. The young lady at the counter treated me like a leper - not a single "thank you" or nothing. Go figure. Shoulda kept my mouth shut.
No you did the right thing. ;-) You can sleep well but I wonder about her.

TexasBred":3a871rma said:
lavacarancher":3a871rma said:
No you did the right thing. ;-) You can sleep well but I wonder about her.
She will sleep well too, she has no clue as to what is right or wrong. She also has lots of peers and they vote too.

Whatever happened to the GRIT newspaper? Did we run out of good stories to tell, or the young ones declined to deliver for the price offered, or the older ones quit buying?

D2Cat":2919g74a said:
Whatever happened to the GRIT newspaper? Did we run out of good stories to tell, or the young ones declined to deliver for the price offered, or the older ones quit buying?
Use to deliver it many many years ago on my bicycle. Personally it was just foolish for me to keep delivering it after I got so wealthy doing it so I retired and let another young man have the same opportunity I was given. :mrgreen:

Latest posts