Press??

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like a press built for some special application, well built with very little use. Looks handy, for what I don't know.

It's either bigger than it appears, or that's an awful small shop vac. Just for my curiosity, what's the size of the hex drive for the jack screw?

and why is there a little bolt sticking up from the bottom plate?
The jack screw appears to be made from a c-clamp.. or at least the very bottom.
Have no idea what specific purpose the cute little bugger might have been made for (coconut cracker?) but if I saw it at a yard sale, it would probably be in my truck when I left just to be able to say I had it.

Looks like a press built for some special application, well built with very little use. Looks handy, for what I don't know.

It's either bigger than it appears, or that's an awful small shop vac. Just for my curiosity, what's the size of the hex drive for the jack screw?
It's about a1 1/8" bolt.

Does a 5 gallon pale fit in the middle? Might be a home made apple or wine press? The tread is big for the thickness of the plate, unless there's a nut welded on the bottom.

I found this in my friends Dad's View attachment 43707garage, looks like a press of some kind? It could be useful in the shop. Anyone know exactly what it is?
Thanks Scott
A bearing press? Might have been a couple of heavy, thick pieces of metal to place below and above the bearing being pressed, and the small screw may have held the lower one in place.

Latest posts