Preppers

Help Support CattleToday:

Preston died several years ago Shell. I liked him.

Thanks!! I goolge that already. :( I like them both. I like when they took the horses in to town scary stuff. Real nail biter right there. I had my fingers and toe nails bitten off. 😆

I'm prepared somewhat but I'm definitely not a prepper. There are too many scenarios to prep for, one would spend all of their time prepping for things that will probably never happen. I'm not going to live my life in fear of what might happen, I will trust in the Lord to sustain me until death.
One of the things I think would be most likely to happen is an EMP attack. All newer vehicles, tractors and any other electronics would no longer work, not sure what effect that would have on generators or solar panels. So as stated, too many scenarios to prep for.

Not a prepper but since I deal with public water supplies I'm fairly knowledgeable about that subject. Poor quality drinking water will get more people faster than anything, far faster than starvation, so if you don't have a good clean source like some of the above have mentioned, start with a Sawyer water filtration system and stock up on chlorine bleach. The squirts have probably killed more people in history than anything.

Why do some have so much ammo?
Define so much?

Ammo covers a lot of bases. Protection, food and currency. It is non perishable within reason and relatively easy to store. It does however lead to a false sense of security thinking you have 10k rounds you can go forever. There is a lot of other pieces to the puzzle.

I am far from a prepper but I try and keep a few things around for emergencies. I would hate to think that the SHTF and the US Govt was my only hope.

Preston died several years ago Shell. I liked him.
Preston was a retired High School teacher, supposedly a great guy. Eustace puts on a really big act for the show though. Whether or not he gets those turnips sewed before the rain will not decide whether he eats or not. I remember one episode where he rode his horse into town at break-neck speed to make sure his property taxes got paid. They made it look like his property would be sold if he was one hour late. Turtle Island Reserve is just outside of Boone, NC, and is a busy tourist attraction.

Tom is retired now and lives in FL and Marty has retired from his real job as a Smoke Jumper.

I put my trust in the Lord to lead me through even unto death, so I'm prepared. Are you?
I trust the lord as well and He will bring me through, I'd just like to stay warm, fed and keep my pipes from freezing on the journey so we keep extra food , fuel, a stockpile of firewood and a generator. Trust in God, just don't make him do everything on His own

Its only prudent to prepare for things you can't control. You have to set priorities. I have a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher in the truck, and keep an extra set of fuel filters for the tractors. Extra meds and hygiene supplies. But it is a rabbit hole some fall into. The word paranoid comes to mind.

I would suggest if you have thousands, and with some, tens of thousands of rounds of ammo, and some percentage of your worth in gold and silver, you are by definition a "prepper".

Why do some have so much ammo?
Why do some buy silver and gold?
I would suggest if you have thousands, and with some, tens of thousands of rounds of ammo, and some percentage of your worth in gold and silver, you are by definition a "prepper".

HDRider we know your not stupid or dumb, we all saw you post enough to know that. Your very intelligent, out of the box thinker up with politics (➡️ continue to politics and religion board.... may very well be your favorite) and up on current news. I believe in today's times... continue to politics.... ☺

Preston was a retired High School teacher, supposedly a great guy. Eustace puts on a really big act for the show though. Whether or not he gets those turnips sewed before the rain will not decide whether he eats or not. I remember one episode where he rode his horse into town at break-neck speed to make sure his property taxes got paid. They made it look like his property would be sold if he was one hour late. Turtle Island Reserve is just outside of Boone, NC, and is a busy tourist attraction.

Tom is retired now and lives in FL and Marty has retired from his real job as a Smoke Jumper.
Yes, all those 'reality' shows create false drama to try to create interest or drive storylines.

It has also been scientifically proven that people change their behavior when they know they are being observed or filmed.
The behavior change isn't always for the better as some people just crave attention more than others.