Premises ID

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Just curious as to how many on here have been alloted a Premises Identification Number which will be mandatory by the "National Animal Identification System" (NAIS) soon.

Also, how many are currently keeping records (birth, immunization, etc.) to qualify for movement of animals in the event of the system?

Thanks for all replies.

I have a pasture on the SD side, and got a premisis ID in March. Have tried to show it to the guys at the sale barn a few times with the response of "we don't use that" Same with the BQA certification. Nobody seems real interested in it. Maybe it will be worth something by sale time that I have all this?

the sale barns won't care till it is mandatory for them to record it. the mandatory part has been pushed out to 2009.
it didn't cost me anything so i've already registered.
i just wish they could come up with a number that tied it all together. taxes,premise,farm number,farm ins policy, etc. etc.
nobody's really hiding anything anyway, look how this forum tracks what threads your reading, the little black boxes in your new pickemup truck that records when you use your turn signal and if your seat belt is buckled, and if you really stopped or slid through the stop sign.
Hello on star this is sgt mcgruff i need the occupants in vehicle xxxx locked down and the vehicle disabled thank you on star.
and it will all be sooooo easy to just comply and not rock the boat.i'll get off my soapbox now

dj":1ahx208s said:
the sale barns won't care till it is mandatory for them to record it. the mandatory part has been pushed out to 2009.
it didn't cost me anything so i've already registered.
i just wish they could come up with a number that tied it all together. taxes,premise,farm number,farm ins policy, etc. etc.
nobody's really hiding anything anyway, look how this forum tracks what threads your reading, the little black boxes in your new pickemup truck that records when you use your turn signal and if your seat belt is buckled, and if you really stopped or slid through the stop sign.
Hello on star this is sgt mcgruff i need the occupants in vehicle xxxx locked down and the vehicle disabled thank you on star.
and it will all be sooooo easy to just comply and not rock the boat.i'll get off my soapbox now

True...technology is there already (and has been). Big Brother is Watching (or will be)!

Guess next step is to put microchip next to cattle brain or heart that has a small capsule of C-4. In event Big Brother ID's a diseased animal, he will just punch in a few codes and blow up the animal from Big Brother's Office. Hey! they do it on TV with bad guy's cars--just dial a number on the cell phone and BOOM!

Enough of my caustic sarcasm... :p

dj":3aomfqhr said:
Damn, talk about something scary! You want everybody that sits in an office everywhere to have access to one number to keep track of everything about our business? You need to be careful what you wish for. I hope you're joking. We're getting too close to that already.

MikeC":1lm66zmk said:
Just curious as to how many on here have been alloted a Premises Identification Number which will be mandatory by the "National Animal Identification System" (NAIS) soon.
Mike, I called about a premise ID last fall. But I called one of the Area offices instead of the State office because I wanted to see how much they knew locally. Not enough to satisfy me. I told them when they had a little more information, I would be back in touch with them. They weren't real sure at that time who all would have access to the information. Not something that I was comfortable with.

I know it's coming, and it obviously could really benefit us at some point in the future in a worst case scenario if we need rapid tracebacks or traceforwards. I hope we never need it, but I'm not naive enough to really believe that. They won't have to drag me kickin' and screamin', but they need to iron out more of the details before I get solidly behind it.

MikeC":1lm66zmk said:
Also, how many are currently keeping records (birth, immunization, etc.) to qualify for movement of animals in the event of the system?
My records aren't perfect, but they'll be enough to get by. As long as the date of the first calf born into a herd is sufficient for determining the whole group as being that age, I'll be alright. And I can sure live with that method of aging. I don't ever get all of the birthdates recorded, but I always get the first one. My wife's been keeping up with vaccinations, site maps, lot numbers, etc. for several years, anyway. I don't anticipate a problem with any of that.

Good topic, Mike. Thanks for getting everybody(?) thinking about it. You guys are all thinking about it, aren't you?

Just wait a while JT, the day is coming, where one number will identify anything and everything we are associated with.........house, car, taxes, income, groceries, how many times we flush the toilet, slap the dog, etc. How do I know> cus the Bible tells me so. :cboy:

I ate lunch with one of our State Representatives yesterday, who has Agricultural interests, and he told me that the State of TN. is going to be asking the Feds for money to help us offset the costs.My exact concern was as Texan stated, is it's one more tool Big Brother will use to know what we're doing and have a little more control of our business and Lives in general. Good to have someone in the House on our side anyway.

I thought some of you might like to read the text. Bill I am not preaching or trying to get a relegion discussion going. I just think it is relevant. Please forgive me.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Medic and ollie
I wondered if someone was going to put a bow on the box

It's all coming.
Waiting for the day when control central calls me to ask why I took too much time in the shower that morning or flushed the toilet so many times....................or ate too much. or drank to much..................... :cboy:

oh, and while I am on this soap box....remember even Adolph Hitler and his friends knew to take things slow as they drained away the freedoms, and lives of the european population...see where that took them. :cboy:

ollie":12hywv87 said:
I thought some of you might like to read the text. Bill I am not preaching or trying to get a relegion discussion going. I just think it is relevant. Please forgive me.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
=====
ollie,
I think you are on the right track....what we will be seeing is a prelude or pre-cuser to the conditions of.... "the mark of the beast"...as described in the Bible...to occur during the second half of the Tribulation period.

While the Bible says the number 666...."is the number of a man"...most likely this is symbolic and is a system of control created by man...used by man...to control man. The word...man...is often used in the Bible to refer to mankind.

preston39":34g7i2na said:
ollie":34g7i2na said:

=====
ollie,
I think you are on the right track....what we will be seeing is a prelude or pre-cuser to the conditions of.... "the mark of the beast"...as described in the Bible...to occur during the second half of the Tribulation period.

While the Bible says the number 666...."is the number of a man"...most likely this is symbolic and is a system of control created by man...used by man...to control man. The word...man...is often used in the Bible to refer to mankind.
I actually didn't think that this was a prelude to the mark of the beast. I am not the least bit sure what that will eventually be. I just posted it because medic referenced it. I believe it is going to happen but I think it will be more complex than what we are seeing now. May even be alot different.

ollie":c7x1ef1o said:
preston39":c7x1ef1o said:
ollie":c7x1ef1o said:

=====
ollie,

I actually didn't think that this was a prelude to the mark of the beast. I am not the least bit sure what that will eventually be. I just posted it because medic referenced it. I believe it is going to happen but I think it will be more complex than what we are seeing now. May even be alot different.
========
ollie,
I wasn't suggesting eminance of occurence...just that it seems society goes through long pre-cursers before the real thing.A pre-curser may be in place for decades or even centuries...or who knows how long.

Many Bible scolars and students of the Bible conclude that the computer(numbers) appear to be the backbone of the ultimate control mechanism that will result in controls.

I agree preston but scholars 500 years ago must have thought that printed money must surely be the vehicle by which the govt gains ultimate control.

IMHO Don't think big brother deserves the credit he's been given. Seems like most of my life is already controled by a number....Social Security..DO I hear an Amen :D